To plan, organise and control all activities of the production department in the Vinyl's Factory at East London. In order to meet the agreed objectives detailed in attached "Production Objectives" plan. To plan, organise and control all activities of the samples department for the full product range of the company.
- Draw up Manning Plan to ensure that production plan is achieved with minimum cost incurred for factory and samples department.
- Ensure that all staff is adequately skilled and trained to perform the tasks required of them.
- Observe and abide by the companies Employment Equity Policy
- Create a high level of motivation through Team Based Participative Management
- Responsible and accountable for the full function of production in as far as quantity and quality of product produced in factory and in samples department.
- Draw up the annual "Technical Budget" highlighting all requirements to meet the Production Plan supplies by Sales.
- Draw up and execute short- and medium-term plans required to deal with meeting the changing Market Demands.
- Produce product that meets the required Quality specifications as dictated by both ext. (SABS) and internal standards. Ensure adherence to all aspects of the company’s ISO 9001 :2008 Quality Management Systems, & ISO 14001 environment Management Systems.
- Utilising the services of the Engineering Department. Ensure that all assets under your control are maintained in top condition. In carrying out your responsibilities in terms of OHASA of 1993 you will ensure a safe working environment for your sub-ordinates.
- Ensure a high level of discipline is maintained in the Production and Samples Department at all times.
- Strict controls are to be maintained on the consumption of all materials used by the Production Department.
- Regular stock takes are taken on all Raw Materials and Work in Progress (including Reclaim)
- All usage and stock variances are interrogated, and steps taken to eliminate them.
- Regular reports are prepared where required (e.g., Monthly Report) to demonstrate adherence to agreed plans.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience, Minimum Qualifications and Personal Attributes:
- At least four years post Matric Qualification, preferably in Production Management or in a Chemical Field with at least five years supervisory experience.