Retail client is seeking to add a Buyer to their team. Ideal position for a Bcom Graduate or final year student, specializing in Logistics.
- 2-3 years relevant experiences
- Bcom in Logistics - advantageous
- Process Weekly Q/Normal buys on excel worksheets.
- Call suppliers/Reps on Backorders, Deals & Prices.
- Promotional purchasing.Compare prices with competitors.
- Keep system updated with supplier price increases (New List pricing & MU).Identify slow movers and return stock if it does sell for a period of time.
- Return stock to supplier if return by customer or if it is damaged.C
- hase orders/Back orders/set delivery dates with suppliers.
- Assist queries around purchasing, pricing or delivery of order placed.
- Create and follow up customer quotes / Special orders.
- Daily housekeeping of product line (Slow Movers/Fast Movers / High Value/MU`s/Pricing/Returns).
- Run reports ( Danger levels, zero level, stock on hand).
- Print assess, action and report to management on various control reports.
- Look for other products that could sell in the shop.
- Find products similar to our stock but cheaper.
- Sourcing new suppliers with the help of the HOD.
- Do inter-branch transfers.
- Create new item codes.
- Fill in stock adjustment slips.
- Assist customers with queries.
- General retail price calculations knowledge required.
- Experience on Microsoft Excel required.
Please forward CV and ALL supporting documentation to, firstname.lastname@example.org. Should you not hear from Profile Personnel within 14 days please consider your application unsuccessful for the vacancy. Please note all applications will automatically be added to our database for future vacancies.