The onsite PC technician is the forefront of representation for technical services to the Branch An onsite PC technician should be capable to execute all aspects of repair, maintenance, and security to include everything from physical cleaning of components, to detailed software diagnosis.
Job Description and Duties:
- Maintain network and all IT related tasks for local branches
- Perform backups for local branches
- Ordering off all IT related computers, printers, parts, toners, and accessories
- Test new software before installation on other computers
- Maintain CCTV footage
- Organise set up and installation of network and computers in new offices and branches
- Setup, maintain and install computers for body shops
- Install windows updates
- Maintain copiers
- Setup new email account, email signatures for all staff with email address
- Maintain a list of user computer details such as passwords for local branch
- Provide training to new staff members for Branch Users
- Arrange for Plascon software to be updated in the branche
- Install clock machines and Uniclox software and ensure accurate running.
- Create and maintain share drive on server
- Install device syncing application such as iCloud
- Maintain spare computers with the latest version of software available
- Make backup copies of Plascon software for the reps and technicians to take on the road with them
- Replace printer toners and cartridges
- Setup and configure WIFI access points
- Order new and replace telephones
- Train new staff on how to perform stock counts
- Maintain VPN for remote login to our network
- Makeup new network cables
- Arrange transport for all IT related items to other branches
- Clean server cabinet and room
- Backup tinting computers colour formulations
- Relevant IT Qualification
- At Least 2 – 3 years relevant experience.
- Practical knowledge of internal components of workstations and servers to include motherboards, ram, hard drives, video, sound, I/O, optical drives, ports and cooling systems
- Practical knowledge of accessories including keyboards, pointing devices, scanners, printers, networking devices, routers, wireless devices, security devices
- Practical knowledge of stress limitations, heating and cooling limitations, over clocking limitations and networking limitations
- Practical knowledge of assembly, disassembly and maintenance of all hardware components.
- Practical knowledge of all currently available Windows operating systems to include installation, recovery, setup and updating of all current versions.
- Practical knowledge of all anti-viral, security and firewall technologies including installation, setup, recovery and updating.
- Practical knowledge of most major software suites for office use including Microsoft Office, WordPerfect Suite and MS Works to include installation, setup, recovery and updating.
- Trouble shooting skills in operating systems vs. hardware components
- Trouble shooting skills in spyware, anti-viral removal and spam control
- Trouble shooting skills in Windows OS installation and reinstallation
- Trouble shooting skills in failed hardware identification