Group Graphic Design Manager – working remotely.
Our client is based in London, United Kingdom and is a group of companies consisting of two different brands.
The two companies work in partnership together as both share a number of sites across London, as well as promoting strict sustainability philosophies across their brands.
Both brands serve their gins and beers at their shared bars in three popular locations across London.
The one brand is a sustainable urban distillery that uses sustainable production methods to create a range of popular gins which it sells online and via stockists, as well as serving these up into delicious cocktails at its bars. The big focus for our client in 2021 is growing its e-commerce sales as well as building awareness of its bars and gins.
The other brand is a ‘craft’ brewery rooted in German tradition, brewing fresh, authentic German style beers, and serving them fresh on site.
About the role:
The Group requires an enthusiastic, conscientious, and highly creative Graphic Designer to work remotely.
The Graphic Designer will be working on both brands.
The individual will be highly proficient in design software (Photoshop, InDesign, etc.).
Graphic Design work will span all three venues which are joint-operate, plus any online / digital work required.
- Working on both brands in the Group.
- Use design tools as necessary (Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Canva, others).
- Work within the parameters of the current brand guidelines of the brands.
- Produce new brand guidelines for our client who need to refresh a few elements of the branding - this is a fabulous opportunity to help shape the design of a fast-growing gin brand in the UK.
- Design collateral for our bar venues across London (g., drinks menus in various sizes).
- Large indoor and outdoor signage.
- Assets for our vehicle fleet (e.g., transit vehicle wraps and signage for our Mobile Gin Van).
- Produce attractive and visually appealing documents and presentations for use across various areas of the business, e.g.:
- Pitch documents for Sales Team.
- Marketing documents.
- Branded PowerPoint / Google slides master templates.
- Company letterheads.
- Recipe booklets.
- Staff handbooks.
- Customer leaflets / brochures.
- Reports for investors.
- Design digital assets for use across the business, e.g.:
- Digital banners, MPUs and leaderboards.
- Social media images and videos.
- Comfortable producing assets ‘vertically’ for mobile screens (g., 9:16 / 4:5 formats).
- Close working relationship with the Content Creation Manager (based in London, UK) who is responsible for producing any photography and videography. You will liaise regularly with him to understand what content he is producing and what assets he may need you to produce and send to him.
- Close working relationship with the Group Social Media & Community Manager (in the process of being hired in SA). This colleague will be responsible for managing all social media channels across both brands (Facebook, Instagram, Google My Business, LinkedIn, Twitter, Tik Tok, Pinterest). You will catch up regularly with this colleague who will send you briefs for assets they require for their social media content plans.
- Management will induct you into the business, provide all training and support, and regularly check-in with you to track performance and set goals / KPI’s.
Tools and Technology:
The successful candidate will be primarily working on a day-to-day basis with the following:
- Adobe Photoshop.
- Adobe InDesign.
- Other design tools if necessary.
Qualifications / Skills:
- Qualified Graphic Designer with proven proficiency in one or all major design software (g., Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, or equivalents).
- Previous work experience in a Graphic Design or related role (minimum 1 - 2 years’ experience preferred).
- Demonstrable passion for social media and modern consumer behavior – our client is looking to hire a Graphic Designer who will propel both brands in the eyes of our customers and grow our engaged customer bases through visually appealing branding.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- High level of organization and attention-to-detail.
- Comfort with multi-tasking in a deadline-driven environment.
- Excellent time-management skills.
- Strong proficiency in Office tools (MS Word / Google Docs, MS Excel / Google Sheets, MS PowerPoint / Google Slides).
- University Degree (Bachelor’s minimum) strongly preferred but not essential.
- Graphic / Design-related educational background preferred but not essential.
- Full-time position – 40 hours per week.
- South Africa based – working remotely.
- Mondays to Fridays.
- Preferred working hours, 9am - 6pm London GMT (10am-7pm SA time / GMT +2).
- Approximately R15 000 – R18 000 per month (c. £800-£1000).
Starting date: As soon as possible.
Please apply online if you meet the above-mentioned requirements.
Please assume that your application was unsuccessful if you have not been contacted within 4 weeks.