Our client, a transport and logistics company, is looking for a Fleet Manager to join their team in East London area.
Overall Role Function:
- The overall objective of this Fleet Manager position is to effectively manage and oversee the day to day (also night shift) operations of the depot / plant.
- This includes the short-term planning and scheduling of daily operations.
- This extends from the productivity of drivers and their vehicles; along with the overall maintenance of vehicles; solving queries etc. to deliver exceptional service within clients’ SLA.
- Other – vehicle maintenance.
- Management of driver hours.
- Service culture – Deliver within Service Level Agreement.
- Partnership Management – Cultivate objective working relationships with variety of stakeholders (e.g. HR team, IT, clients).
- Client relationship management – Daily client interactions on the frontline. Solve challenges and queries to reduce complaints.
- Oversee and manage own fleet of vehicles.
- Wash bay.
- Breakdowns (where applicable).
- Manage diesel consumption.
- Load trips onto in-house application.
- Manage and schedule drivers’ working hours.
- Route planning.
- Oversee successful loading of goods at clients with all relevant paperwork.
- Planning and scheduling the orders (old order incomplete from last loading cycle with new orders received).
- Manage the wash bay.
- Manage the workshop.
- Manage the diesel.
Debrief paperwork (daily).
- Work with team of drivers to deliver operational efficiencies.
- Delivery of superior quality customer experiences.
- Fleet management.
- Personal development – Manage own development to increase own competencies for the position function and future leadership growth opportunities.
- People management – Plan and manage performance, skills development, and team motivation.
- Achieve efficiencies and increase competencies.
- Address employee’s issues or grievances.
- Management of drivers’ performance, i.e. weekly monitoring of their consumption per km, daily debrief and weekly reports indicating outliers.
- Driver PDP and licenses.
- Manage drivers’ leave and overtime (update daily).
- Teamwork – Support effective teamwork within depot / branch.
- Matric / Grade 12.
- Computer literacy (MS Office, Outlook).
- Advanced studies (Tertiary Diploma / Degree) advantageous.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a transport environment.
- Proven track record managing portfolio of customers.
- Specific industry experience beneficial.
- Excellent administrative skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Able to work well with a team and under pressure.
- Must be diligent and time competent to meet deadlines.
- Must be customer service focused.
- Must be honest, reliable, and trustworthy.
- Be willing to work flexible hours.
- Be willing to perform duties on weekends.
- Must be bilingual (English and Afrikaans).
Location: East London area.
Salary offered: R20 000 – R25 000 per month.
Starting date: As soon as possible.
Please apply online if you meet all the above-mentioned requirements.
Please assume that your application was unsuccessful if you do not receive any feedback within 4 weeks.