General Employment - Other General Employment
- Ensure efficient operation of the entire plant by managing all core functions of the role
- Ensure compliance towards local rules and regulations related to imported production equipment
- The Engineering Manager will be responsible for, planning, organising and directing the engineering department to achieve company targets and objectives and actively/physically involved with industrialisation and other activities related to the Production and Engineering processes, in accordance with standards and Local Rules/Regulations/Law
- Will Assist in ensuring the plant functions at maximum capacity and machine efficiencies to meet company requirements and comply with world class engineering principles
- Will ensure all new engineering projects are planned, implemented and maintained to required standards and target dates are met
- Define process layouts, define process parameters, generation of process flow diagrams, produce PFMEA’s, CPPS
- Define and implement the action plans to achieve and exceed operation targets.
- Process problems: give a systematic approach for analysis, implementation. Includes quality problems.
- Ensure delivered quality of product meets 100% of customer requirements, resulting in 0 ppm rejects or customer returns.
- Generation of detailed layouts to ensure optimized efficiency for manning / OTT.
- Participate in new process introductions, together with Process Engineers.
- Participate in APQP process (product design input, DFM, PFMEA, project management of process equipment).
- Implement simple running changes according the AQP. Responsible to review and agree upon process changes.
- Analyse statistical data from process (scrap, downtime, cycle-time, dimensional capability etc.) and recommend/implement appropriate improvements. (continuous improvement activities.)
- Work with Logistic planning to maintain cost effective and timely production schedules and inventories.
- Continuously communicate internally and externally; using this information to pro-actively plan efficient operation of the department - promote an attitude of “Customer Service” toward “internal and external customer”.
- Tooling / Equipment acceptance, prove-out and debug.
- Support the program to achieve targets for Budget and project costs.
- Actively manage/lead, encourage and enforce the compliance of a "Safe & Healthy" work place environment, according to the various legislative rules, regulations, strives, initiatives, policies, procedures, etc, and within the organisation. Ensure LOTO compliance throughout the facility
- Trade Test – Electrical / Mechanical
- Engineering degree
- Government Ticket GCC
- 7-10 years related experience
- Broad background in manufacturing technology and line operating experience
Abantu Staffing Solutions