An established Automotive Manufacturer is urgently requiring a Customs Liaison to be based at their East London plant. Due to operational requirements, the successful candidate will be required to start immediately, and will initially be on a temporary contract.
- Coordinate Imports and Exports Sea freight and Airfreight status report and offer support to the planning department with vessel sailing and airfreight schedules
- Facilitate customs clearance status from service provider
- Analyze correctness of the freight invoice from the service provider.
- Research Customs and Trade matters and provide solutions.
- Rules of Origin and Free Trade Agreements e.g. EPA, AGOA, SACU
- Reconciliation and review of the Import duties general ledger accounts
- Preparation and submission of status report of import duties to the CFO
- Maintenance of the Tariff Headings in the parts master data database.
- Ensuring compliance with EUR1 requirements both internally and externally
- Linking the imports to exports to enable the submission of a drawback claim
- Review and provide advice on temporary imports
- Make Rebate determinations and newly approved rebate store
- Perform reconciliation of Customs value exports (Export master control sheet and SARS master report).
- Perform reconciliation of Consolidate Zero Rate recon (Customs value exports and Finance Manual invoicing sheet)
- Maintain export master control spread sheet and register of temporary exports (linkage to re-importation transaction)
- Review of SAD 500 to ensure compliance with the required legislation
- Perform audits on the export documentation of temporary exports to ensure compliance
- Perform quarterly audits on the rebate stores
- Perform monthly audits on the business units’ logistic process when needed.
- Liaise directly with SARS in resolving customs matters efficiently and timeously.
- Understand and manage all APDP (Automotive Production Development Program) objectives and submissions to the customer on quarterly basis
- Understand shipping INCO terms and respective clearing requirements both at origin and into So South Africa
- Understand freight rates and be able to produce an accurate freight forecast for all imported materials
- Analyze freight invoices in line with agreed rates prior to submitting for approval to Logistics Manager
- Knowledge of processing preparation and submission of drawback claims, ITAC permits and any other permits that are required.
- Assisting in the preparation the various statutory tax returns (both Direct and Indirect tax)
- Reviewing of key business processes relating to import and export and recommending improvements (efficiency and cost savings)
- Ensure efficient and effective document management (permits, applications, queries, drawback claims, etc)
Qualification / Experience:
- Grade 12 / Matric essential
- Tertiary qualification advantageous
- 5+ years' experience in dealing with customs officials, shipping, clearing of imports and exports, ITAC permits and APDP programme.
- Experience within Automotive industry advantageous
This alert already exists for this Email.
You have successfully created your alert.
You will receive an email when a new job matching your criteria is posted.