A State-Owned Entity, functioning as a road passenger transport service provider within the Border-Kei region of the Eastern Cape, seeks to employ a Chief Executive Officer on a 5-year fixed term contract. The role reports directly into the Board Chairperson.
Primary Objective of the Role:
To provide leadership in the development and execution of the organisation's long term strategy with a view to creating synergies within the corporation; and serve as Accounting Officer in terms of the PFMA.
Minimum qualifications and experience requirements:
- Advanced and in-depth business and industry-specific knowledge
- Relevant post-graduate / honours degree in Business Management (or equivalent)
- 5+ years' experience in an Executive Management level position
- Advantageous: completed MBA / MBL or Executive Management Development Programme (or equivalent)
Position outcomes / Tasks:
1. Lead the development of the Corporation’s strategy in conjunction with the Board
2. Lead and oversee the implementation of the Corporation’s long and short term plans in accordance with its strategy;
3. Ensure the Corporation is appropriately organized and staffed and to have the authority to hire and terminate staff as necessary to enable it to achieve its goals;
4. Ensure that expenditures of the Corporation are within the authorized annual budget;
5. Assess the principal risks of the Corporation and to ensure that these risks are monitored and managed;
6. Oversee the development and implementation of effective internal controls and that management information systems are in place;
7. Oversee the development and implementation of appropriate systems to enable the Corporation to conduct its business both lawfully and ethically;
8. Oversee the design and implementation of the Corporation's operational improvement initiatives.
9. Ensure that the Corporation maintains high standards of corporate citizenship and social responsibility wherever it does business
10. Act as a liaison between management and the Board;
11. Communicate effectively with shareholders, employees, Government authorities, other stakeholders and the public;
12. Keep abreast of all material undertakings and activities of the Corporation and all material external factors affecting the Corporation and ensure that processes and systems are in place to ensure that the Corporation leadership is adequately informed;
13. Keep Directors properly informed and that they are provided with sufficient information to enable the Board to form appropriate judgments;
14. Ensure the integrity of all public disclosures by the Corporation
15. In concert with the Board Chairman, to develop Board agendas;
16. Request that special meetings of the Board be called when appropriate;
17. In concert with the Chairman, determine the date, time and location of the annual meeting of shareholders and develop the agenda for the meeting;
18. Sit on committees of the Board where appropriate as determined by the Board; and
19. Abide by specific internally established control systems and authorities, to lead by personal example and encourage all employees to conduct their activities in accordance with all applicable laws and the Corporation’s standards and policies, including its environmental, safety and health policies.
1. Ability to use effective personal and interpersonal behaviors
2. Ability to create a vision and establish direction
3. Ability to manage the corporation
4. Ability to create and maintain a client focus
5. Ability to build a competent, diverse and empowered workforce
6. Ability to encourage external cooperation and understanding
7. Ability to mobilize resources
This alert already exists for this Email.
You have successfully created your alert.
You will receive an email when a new job matching your criteria is posted.