Primary Functions include, but are not limited to:
- Design Consulting: Develop trusted business relationships with Architects and Interior Designers and assist them with the correct product solutions which will meet their needs.
- Product Specifications that lead to sales: Generate product specifications and pull these through to a generated sale which will lead to an ROI for the company.
- Service Key Accounts: Develop trusted business relationships with professionals such as Designers, Architects, Contractors, Government departments, National Corporate Accounts, and Flooring Contractors within your allocated Geographic area.
- Provide Technical Information: Provide professionals with accurate technical information for product specifications, timely.
- Follow-through Sales: Follow-up on projects to make sure that product information that is required by the decision-makers is sufficient and specifications are held, entered into the tender process to ensure that projects are won successfully.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Strategically plan and perform value-added physical customer visits daily
- Assess the current market and build relationships with key professionals and decision-makers who will influence the sale of products.
- Stay up to date with industry trends.
- Monitoring competitor activities/pricing and communicating important information to management.
- Conduct continued presentations to the market to provide education on the product benefits for new and existing products.
- Maintain and develop your own understanding of each product by participating in training programmes and factory tours set up by Managers and various suppliers.
- Maintain, utilize and manage your personal presentation sample packs and all other sales tools provided. Will be randomly checked
- Communicate product/marketing needs to the Marketing department and follow up thereafter.
- Prospect for sales, utilizing “Lead Generating” Outsourced Partners to gain knowledge of projects
- Maintain sample libraries promptly, at the various Professionals firms.
- Answer phone calls and emails in a prompt and professional manner.
- Be an active member in professional industry organizations (such as IID, SAIA, and SAIAT).
- Participate in monthly forecast and project tracking meetings with the team.
- Utilize CRM System daily as territory management and job tracking tool.
- Familiarise yourself with the ERP system for basic functionality e.g. checking stock, Customer information center, Backorders, quotations, etc.
- Host events at the branch periodically and participate in local industry trade fairs.
- Plan to see between 16 and 20 Clients per week with at least 20% being new prospects.
- Travel - Have the ability to work and travel independently, locally, and internationally.
- Back Orders – Manage Back Orders on a daily basis.
- Expense Claim forms - Submit expense reports on a monthly basis.
- Fuel Expense Claim - Submit fuel expense accounts and slips on a monthly basis.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience, Minimum Qualifications
- Tertiary Qualification an advantage
- 3-4 years experience in a similar role
- Quantifying plans and measuring areas on site is an advantage
- Project a professional demeanor and suitable dress code
- Have a good working knowledge of the company’s ERP System an advantage
- Possess the ability to multi-task and have diligent follow-up skills.
- Code 8 driver’s license
- To be able to work independently