We are looking to employ a Technical Copywriter with more than three years’ experience in a copywriting, content creation and/or editing role.
The primary objective of this role is to create technical product-focused content to support key Customer Success objectives to drive product adoption through awareness, training material and support.
As such, this role is best suited for an individual with experience working in a software development or technical product development environment, and is less suited for individuals with only journalism or marketing experience.
Our company is proudly headquartered in KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa. Due to our way of working, this position is best suited to those who live in or are able to move to the Durban area.
- Own the development and creation of all product-focused content in support of Customer Success objectives.
- Interface closely with product and technical teams to ensure that all product-focused content is impactful, relevant and in support of key business objectives.
- Proactively identifying opportunities for creating content to support successful Customer adoption.
- Create compelling, data-driven case study material to support Customer Success and Sales initiatives.
- Contribute to creating content for product and thought-leadership webinars.
- Create instructional product and feature blogs and walkthroughs to maximise Customer adoption.
- Work with Customer Support team to create FAQs to improve support provision.
- Create structure and content for Fabrik product knowledge base.
- Create structure and content for self-service portal of Customer resources and templates.
- Conceptualise, design, write and edit platform adoption (campaign?) handbooks.
- Keep public-facing platforms updated with relevant information related to product development.
- Work with product and marketing team to create all Customer-facing communication related to new feature launches.
- Maintain and iterate regular Customer communication points including monthly emailers.
- Create platform user-guides and manuals to support adoption initiatives.
- 3 years + experience in a similar role
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Demonstrated ability to produce compelling content for the web and various platforms and devices
- Content management systems such as WordPress or Wix
- Experience in a SaaS or software development environment
- Microsoft 365 and/or other cloud-based collaboration tools
- Graphic design skills and/or experience
- Ability to learn quickly and work collaboratively
- A qualification in Copywriting and/or copy-editing
- Extrovert who enjoys reaching out and making new connections.
- Proactive planner who enjoys prioritizing and managing your own workload, while being able to incorporate change into predefined strategies and plans.
- Creator of words and visuals, who can lead others with creative direction as often as you enjoy putting it together yourself.
- Curious with a vast general knowledge, current affairs awareness and insights into trending social conversations.
- Strives for impact rather than perfection, opting to continuously iterate outputs for improved results.
As a team, we’re looking for people who are curious, open to feedback, and enjoy working together to create a better solution. We’re looking for team-mates who are not necessarily defined by their technical experience, but people with imagination and energy, vision and shared values, curiosity and heart. Everything else you need can and will be learned along the way through immersion in our iterative environment.