My client, a well-established manufacturing company in Durban has an urgent requirement for a Stores Clerk in Durban.
Key Performance Areas:
- Issue of Store Stock Items and Direct Purchase Items- Receipts of goods, Binning of items into the correct locations, preservation of items into items stored in the warehouse and goods issues to plant personnel.
- Stocktaking - Accurately carry out weekly and monthly cycle counts, provide detailed analysis of any variances and obtain the necessary sign off for variances and file signed hardcopy of cycle counts.
- Synergies and opportunities - Seek stores synergies across the 3 operations and drive down the inventory across the operations.
- SHEQ - Manage and Support SHEQ initiatives to achieve company SHEQ objectives and build commitment to sustain improvements in safety.
- PR / PO Management/ Administration - Enforce the Procure to Pay Process, with specific attention to successfully manage and administrate the Purchase Requisition (PR) and Purchase Order (PO) process.
- General - Manage the yard stock in terms of issues, stock control, variances and security especially with regards to the major raw materials viz, liners, plastic, sacks etc.
- Grade 12, Tertiary qualification in inventory management or related
- 3-5 years’ experience in a stores /similar environment
- SAP MM experience essential
- Valid Forklift License essential
- Computer literacy essential
- NOSA/Safety & Health Training would be beneficial.