An exciting opportunity has become available for a suitably qualified and experienced Software Engineer (Mobile Development) in Durban.
Main Job Purpose:
Software design, development, and implementation. Responsible for assisting in the conceptualization, development, maintenance and enhancement various software products, maintenance of the Software Design for projects assigned and all the relevant associated documentation for both the actual software and for the project.
- Assist with drawing up the Software Requirement Specification for projects assigned.
- Design and code the software for the assigned projects under supervision of the Senior Software Engineer / Manager
- Ensure version control and associated code commentary is completed correctly and thoroughly
- Ensure code is managed in the chosen code repository
- Draw up and maintain Project plans and/or relevant task lists for the projects assigned in conjunction with the project manager.
- Perform tasks associated with the management of the software developments as assigned.
Support software projects (Apps and Applications) for USC core products
- Assist with the development, maintenance and enhancement of software that will provide the following field support software packages:
- o Field Service Terminal
- o MDC Service Terminal
- Provide recommendations and insight into Field Support system design
- Be responsible for assigned Software Design in assigned projects under supervision of the Senior Software Engineer / Manager
- Software coding of the work assigned in accordance with the company norms and specifications under supervision of the Senior Software Engineer
- Code verification and testing of work assigned
- Software integration, testing and sign off
- Maintain software releases (artifacts) for all current and prior) software releases as required via the appropriate app store (App, Play or Windows, etc store).
- Assist with the design, coding, implementation and support of relevant Business Systems.
- The requirements will initially be targeted at but not limited to the development, maintenance and enhancements including:
- o Product Configuration
- o Production Website
- o Product Dispatch and notification
- As required from time to time, participate in any project, planning, scoping, design, development, testing and support as may be required
- Attend meetings with external suppliers and partners to stay up to date with new product development
- Keep up to date with new technological developments in software design and recommend these to the Engineering team for consideration and knowledge sharing
- Ensure all work is conducted in a manner compliant with ISO 9001:2008 and other ISO standards relating to the product and software products.
- Relevant Degree of Diploma
Must have at least 5+ Years, experience in these technologies:
Front-End Web Development (Angular JS, Bootstrap, Node JS, other JS Frameworks)
Mobile Applications - Xamarin (Android and Windows)
Azure DevOps (Code Management, Versioning and Deployment) (or TFS/ GIT/ SVN)
Azure MSSQL Server 2016 (Tables / Stored Procedures.