An exciting opportunity has presented itself for a Senior Accountant in the Kloof area.
• Annually contribute to the preparation of the budgets
• Monthly monitoring the budget against the expenditure
• Ensure accurate compilation of Budget and Expenditure variance reports.
• Ensure accurate entry of transactions to accounting system.
• Ensure that month end journals are done accurately.
• Ensure the timely execution and accurate completion of general ledgers.
• Oversee administrative activities as requested by top management from time to time.
• Analyse, resolve and answer complex or difficult problems presented by subordinates, employees.
• General Management of the BOT department .
• Gross profit analysis
• Reconciling of control accounts
• Preparation of monthly management accounts.
• Oversee the Preparation and finalisation of and provide information for weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reporting.
• Prepare the budget vs Expenditure Reports.
• Ensure timely submission of reports to the financial manager.
Daily Processing (As and when required)
• Import bank statements daily including reconciliation.
• Capture daily cash up per site & query any variances.
• Reconcile EFT Batches to Bank Receipts.
• Reconcile cash deposits to daily drop sheets.
• Reconcile daily cash up control accounts.
• Reconcile 3rd party statements (eg Pick ‘n Pay) and weekly reports.
Compliance + Risk Management
Identify areas for improvement in the internal control system.
• Implementation of internal control processes.
• Compliance with accounting policies and standards.
• Accurate financial recording as prescribed by International Financial Reporting Standards.
• Contributing to & support the implementation of risk management and fraud prevention plans.
• Create and implement changes to work assignments, methods, or procedures to meet operational needs.
People + Leadership Management
• Provide collaborative leadership within the business unit.
• Manage own and team members performance and implement corrective measures where required.
• Provide required training and development to staff to ensure optimal performance.
• Effectively respond to staff queries.
Bcom Degree qualification
Minimum of 3 to 5 years’ experience in a senior finance role.
• Working experience on Xero
• Financial Management
• Stakeholder Management
• Computer literacy
• Achieving personal work goals and objectives
• Adhering to principles and values
• Deciding and initiating action
• Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy in preparing and entering information and attention to detail;
• Documentation skills;
• Fuel Retail Experience
You have successfully created your alert.
You will receive an email when a new job matching your criteria is posted.
Your account has not been verified. Please use the verification link sent via email.Resend Verification Link