An opportunity exists for a 3 - 6 months contract for an Ombudsman Complaints Assistant, responsible for assisting the Ombudsman Complaints team with responding and resolving ombudsman matters and queries timeously and efficiently, applying all relevant TCF and regulatory requirements.
- Manage the different Complaints/ CE folders.
- Manage workload to achieve targets and meet deadlines.
- Acknowledge Ombudsman complaints in writing which are received by email or from business partners.
- Review formal responses for both ombudsman and additional comments on request.
- Assist in obtaining the necessary information from relevant stakeholders in order to accurately investigate the Ombudsman matter received.
- Ensure professional communication with clients, inter-departmental, external parties to obtain the information necessary to address the Ombudsman matter.
- Provide regular and accurate updates to the insurer where required.
- Listen to sales, admin and claims telephonic recordings as part of the investigation process.
- Ensure that communication to clients and partners meet the QA standards
- FAIS accreditation would be an advantage.
- Approximately 2 to 3 years related work experience is required.
- Complaints/queries experience would be an advantage.
- Knowledge and an understanding of premium calculations and claim settlements.
- Knowledge and understanding of the various products and processes.