An innovative life insurance company is looking for a talented Multimedia Designer to join their internal creative studio.
The successful candidate will have exceptional design, motion graphic skills and sound knowledge of how to unpack a brief, articulate and translate a concept that resonates with the target audience. The candidate should be able to comfortably work across all digital platforms.
Candidates based in Durban would be based at their Head Office, those based elsewhere in SA would have the opportunity to work remotely. However, 2 weekly visits to Head Office would be mandatory.
Preference will be given to those based or willing to relocate to Durban.
- Work closely with the Internal Agency Manager and Creative Head to grow the creative discipline of the studio
- Creation of design assets for use on websites, emailers, social media and other digital platforms
- Produce and execute high-quality motion and static brand design content
- Editing of raw video footage, adding effects/elements to enhance motion graphics
- Designing of motion graphics from storyboards
- Be cognisant of projects timelines and budgets
- Be proactive and produce consistently outstanding work, beyond brief expectation
- Work as a team player and ready to tackle any project that comes through the doors
- Work closely with multi-disciplinary project teams within the business
- Minimum of 3-year tertiary qualification in graphic design, multimedia design or equivalent
- Minimum of 3 years experience as a Multimedia Designer at a reputable digital agency/internal creative studio
- Proficiency in: Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator and XD etc. Experience in HTML and CSS
- After Effects and Premiere Pro would be advantageous
- Excellent visual communication skills to present and execute ideas and information in a multimedia context
- A formidable grasp of how content can play out across multiple digital mediums
- Keep up-to-date with the latest creative trends and the ability to execute them across various digital channels
- A deep understanding of digital media, a passion for keeping up to date with the latest trends and a hunger to bring these into practical campaigns that drive the bottom line for the business
- Ability to translate heavy content into a visual story
- Strong design skills
- Take ownership and responsibility
- Excellent organisational, time and project management skills
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work under pressure in a close-knit team
- An understanding of the latest digital marketing and keeping up with the evolving landscape designer
- Able to demonstrate effective self-management and good judgement, with high EQ