We are looking to employ a marketing professional with more than ten years’ experience. The primary objective of this role is to generate leads for our software products and accompanying services through informed strategies.
Our company is proudly headquartered in KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa. Due to our way of working, this position is best suited to those who live in or are able to move to the Durban area, but are open to candidates from throughout the country.
- Develop strategy through the situational analysis on the industry, category, economy and competitors to identify trends, growth opportunities and business and regulatory risks and recommend actions
- Strategic planning for marketing activities
- Conceptualise and organise company conferences, trade shows and major events
- Formulate cross-channel advertising campaigns on a quarterly basis for a variety of products/services to reach respective audiences
- Set and monitor metrics for various marketing initiatives and submit reports of performance
- Allocate advertising budget effectively across platforms to achieve optimal results
- Maintain relationships with media vendors and publishers to ensure collaboration in promotional activities
- Identify and act on opportunities for the brands to contribute to trending themes or ideas.
- 10+ years’ experience in a leadership, management or decision-making role
- Good understanding of market research techniques, data analysis and statistics methods
- Thorough knowledge of strategic planning principles and marketing best practices
- Proficient in MS Office 365 (and/or other cloud-based collaboration tools) and marketing software (e.g. CRM)
- Proficient in social media and web analytics
- Strong organizational, time-management and choreography abilities
- Creativity and commercial awareness
- A natural connector who personally creates mutually beneficial connections using platforms such as LinkedIn, Twitter and online communities.
- Connections within the South African media industry.
- Experience in a B2B or software development company.
- Awareness of international markets and platforms.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or associated field.
- Extrovert who enjoys reaching out and making new connections.
- Proactive planner who enjoys prioritizing and managing your own workload, while being able to incorporate change into predefined strategies and plans.
- Creator of words and visuals, who can lead others with creative direction as often as you enjoy putting it together yourself.
- Curious with a vast general knowledge, current affairs awareness and insights into trending social conversations.
- Strives for impact rather than perfection, opting to continuously iterate outputs for improved results.
As a team, we’re looking for people who are curious, open to feedback, and enjoy working together to create a better solution. We’re looking for team-mates who are not necessarily defined by their technical experience, but people with imagination and energy, vision and shared values, curiosity and heart. Everything else you need can and will be learned along the way through immersion in our iterative environment.