Job Role: Junior Desktop Technician – IT Department of Auditing Firm.
This is an entry-level position. The role involves providing first-line support to desktop / laptop users to a large team of Auditors as well as support staff.
- Qualifications: CompTIA A+ or alternatively studying towards an N+
- Drivers License essential and own vehicle essential.
- Matric pass.
- Good communication skills.
- Must be able to work with a variety of people.
- Ability to be patient.
Expectations of the role are as follows :
- Ability to adhere to company processes and procedures.
- Able to take responsibility for responding to all calls/ tickets logged on the helpdesk.
- Able to keep IT team and end-users informed of the status of logged calls on the helpdesk.
- Able to work effectively as part of a team, on the understanding that this does not mean being micromanaged.
- Able to diagnose basic hardware and software related issues relating to desktop support.
- Able to perform administrative duties ( ie record keeping ) and ensure documentation is updated and completed on time.
- Able to load a laptop / PC from base media and optimise with drivers / updates etc.