The purpose of this role is design, building code and implementation as specified within the project plan and accordance with the defined business needs.
Primary Responsibilities for the Role
Technical analysis & design
- Ability to understand and interpret requirements and technical specifications.
- Ability to produce technical specifications of small-medium complexity programs.
- Ability to produce database designs.
- Ability to provide technical estimates to work.
Support and development
- Create and amend programs in accordance with the design, agreed development standards and tools to achieve a well-engineered solution;
- Maintain documentation and project files with respect to progress, problems, needed changes, etc., and provide regular reports on such to the Team\ Project leader and/or Systems;
- Review technical deliverables and manage quality in order to ensure that what has been built meets user expectation;
- Provide daily technical, functional and operation support for the existing software applications.
- Construct, interpret and execute system and program test plans to verify correct operation of completed systems;
- Plan, design and conduct test of program; correcting errors and re-test to achieve an error free result.
Skills and Competency
- Is a self-starter who requires minimal supervision, and takes high ownership of work assigned
- Must be able to provide guidance and support to junior developers to ensure that project deliverables are met in the required quality standards, time and budget estimations;
- Takes a logical, analytical approach to problem solving and pays close attention to detail;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Ability to work from test scripts as well as the ability to complete independent, non-script-based testing;
- Good communications skills (verbal and written)
- Experience using different development methodologies by the organisation;
- Takes ownership of assigned tasks, maintains good rapport within the team, provides strong contribution and feedback to/ from the team lead;
- Contributes towards improving development/ support process. Focus on evaluating and analysing flaws/ discrepancies in system, and ability to implement efficient, high-quality solutions;
- Work well with others as part of a team.
Desired Skills, Experience and Qualities:
Education & Qualification
- BSc (Computer Science or Information Systems)/ BCom(Information Systems)/A National Diploma in IT/and or equivalent qualification;
- Microsoft Certified Systems Developer (MCSD) would be an advantage.
- A minimum of 4 years development experience;
- Must have 2-3 years’ experience using C#;
- Must have 2-3 years’ experience using ASP.NET;
- Must have 2-3 years’ experience using WPF;
- Must have 2-3 years’ experience using Microsoft SQL Server;
- Azure, Windows Store App & Windows Phone development would be an advantage;
- Has acquired a broad understanding of IS concepts and practical, in particular those used within own organisation concerning the systems development life cycle;
- Design and analysis skills (includes database design);
- Experience using SharePoint, Visual Studio or Telerik will be an advantage;
Actively seeking and implementing opportunities to maximize value in any aspect of the business.
- Setting a culture of continuously striving for better performance
- Challenging the current state in order to seek real improvements
Motivating and developing people to deliver superior results in a responsible manner
- Building and maintaining effective culture
- Creating a climate in which individuals and teams develop their potential and contribute their best
- Managing accountabilities and providing timely and constructive feedback
- Coaching and providing development opportunities that enable high performance
Taking responsibility and accountability for own behaviour, performance and development
- Taking ownership for own performance and decisions and their impact on the business
- Demonstrating tenacity and resilience even when faced with obstacles
- Seeking opportunities for personal feedback, learning and development
- Acting decisively when tough or quick action is required