The Hospitality Systems Consultant is required to install, maintain and support the products assigned to him/her employees and management.
Primary Responsibilities for the Role
- Meet with the Project Manager before commencement of an installation to be briefed on any special requirements and to collect all required documentation (airline tickets, visas, pre-installation packs, sign-off documents, licensing & support agreements, etc…).
- Employees in branches outside Johannesburg are to hold a telephonic meeting with the Project Manager, and further communicate with the Project Manager via electronic mail or fax.
- Travel to clients’ sites.
- Install the assigned products to the requirements and satisfaction of the client and Management.
- If assigned to be Project Leader, the Software Technician will co-ordinate all aspects of the installation as required.
- The HSC will ensure that, to the best of his/her ability, the project will be completed within schedule.
- Conduct an exit meeting with the client, during which the sign-off documentation is completed.
- Be able to liaise with clients and manage the installation, training, refresher training, site visit or any other dealings that the company deems fit.
- Complete all sign off documentation and time sheets before leaving site.
- The HSC will not leave site if any outstanding issues are not resolved without explicit permission from Management.
- The HSC will arrange a handover meeting with the project manager upon returning from a client’s site, during which the project manager will be briefed on all aspects of the installation.
- The HSC will bring a copy of the clients’ latest database back to the office. All client databases are to be stored on CD in the customer’s file.
- Hand in all dockets with payment the next day to the administration department. The HSC is also responsible for collection of payment of all unpaid dockets.
- Any major changes onsite to be communicated to the client in writing.
- Ensure a signed delivery note is completed on delivery of any system component.
- Train client, management & staff in accordance with published training standards.
- Produce training materials as required from time to time.
- To ensure that the pricelist for repairs/Changes are adhered to and that all monies collected are remitted to Micros SA.
- To replace/repair/do changes to the best interest of the client and Micros SA.
- The HSC presents training courses to other Micros Consultants as required.
- Each HSC is required to support the products assigned to him/her.
- Each HSC is required to work the 24hr help desk from time to time.
Minimum Qualification and Experience Requirements
- Matric / Grade 12 / Equivalent
- Minimum 5 – 7 years management experience within Restaurant industry
- Micros System knowledge essential
- Must be available on 24 Hour standby from time to time
- Must be available for duty on the help desk from time to time
- Able to travel
- Valid driver’s license
- Reliable vehicle