- Tertiary degree in accounting, finance, or related field.
- Professional accounting designation (CA, CMA, or CPA) is preferred.
- At least five years’ experience in a senior financial managerial position, with NGO experience preferred.
- Computer literate and well versed in using financial and accounting software.
- Experience in the preparation and finalization of accounts in South Africa and a working knowledge of all associated statutory legislation and regulations.
- Experience in managing goods and services procurement processes
The primary roles of this position are:
- To lead and manage the Finance Department.
- To assist in producing and managing the annual financial budget, carry out financial analyses, and report on all financial transactions according to statutory requirements.
- To ensure all income is received and all payments are made according to stakeholders’ policies.
- To manage payroll, including provident fund and medical aid schemes.
The Key Performance Areas (KPAs) for the position include strategic leadership, sustainability, service delivery and stakeholder enhancement. Key performance indicators include, but are not limited to:
1. Strategic leadership:
- Assist the Finance & Admin Executive to formulate, implement and track the progress of the division’s annual operational plans.
- Assist the CEO, Division Executives, and Heads of Department in developing the annual budget and other budget projections, based on the strategic business plan.
- Assist the Finance & Admin Executive to identify, assessing, monitoring, and managing all financial, payroll, and procurement-related business risks.
- Maintain current standing with all mandated local tax and benefits registrations and requirements, including submissions of payments and reports, and ensure that conducts its financial, payroll, and procurement activities lawfully, ethically and in a socially responsible manner, adhering to all statutory requirements for a Ring-fenced, Non-Profit, Public Benefit Company.
- Assist the CEO and the Finance & Admin Executive in conducting regular reviews of financials and analyzing all costs to ensure that the organization is lean, whilst maintaining an acceptable level of quality.
- Produce detailed financial reports as required by funders and prepare and submit invoices to funders.
3. Service delivery:
- Analyze all income and expenditure against forecasts in the annual budget, and monitor all departmental expenditure and overall company performance, timescales, cash flow and predict future trends.
- Produce and distribute monthly management account reports to all departments within the agreed time scales and provide accurate financial reports and interpret financial information for the Division Executives and Heads of Department.
- Monitor procurement processes and ensure that all procurement is carried out according to
- Ensure that all balance sheet reconciliations are produced on an accurate and timely basis including bank reconciliations, debtors, creditors, and inter-company accounts.
- Manage financial accounting, monitoring, and reporting systems and develop financial management mechanisms that minimize financial risk, whilst ensuring that financial policies, procedures, and systems are adhered to across all departments.
- Ensure that all Finance Department employees conform to and abide by occupational health and safety standards and policies and carry out regular evaluations of their performance.
4. Stakeholder enhancement:
- Ensure appropriate external audit arrangements are in place to monitor finances and governance systems, including the audit requirements of grantmakers, associated trusts, and other stakeholders.
- Produce audited annual financial statements and associated financial reports to a standard that complies with all statutory requirements.
- Manage payroll system, provident fund, and medical aid scheme and ensure that all payments are made to individuals, the South African Revenue Service, the Provident Fund, and medical aid providers according to policies and to set timetables.
- Create a positive work environment in the finance department, conducive to attracting and retaining satisfied employees of the highest caliber.
- Maintain and develop relationships with key stakeholders, e.g., auditors, bankers, funders, statutory organizations, etc.
- Provide the Finance & Admin Executive with the financial information and support needed to allow Board Members to perform their duties as directors of the organization.
- Only if you do meet the minimum job requirements and experience as mentioned above, you may submit a detailed updated CV.
- Please Apply Online and complete your registration on Ditto Hire (our application tracking system) to enable and protect you as a candidate to accept the new POPIA terms and conditions. This will then create your permanent profile with which you can apply for all jobs as advertised by AJ PERSONNEL. However, you may remove your profile from AJ PERSONNEL when you are no longer in the job market.
- AJ Personnel is fully POPIA Compliant.
- Please take note that the applicants who do not adhere to the above criteria will not be considered for the respective position.
- Note our clients may expire jobs at their own discretion.
- AJ PERSONNEL will only respond to shortlisted candidates.
- If you have not received a response within two (2) weeks from applying, your application was most likely unsuccessful.
- In accordance with our Employment Equity goals and plan, preference will be given to suitable applicants from designated groups as defined in the Employment Equity Act 55 of 1998 and subsequent amendments thereto.