We are currently looking for a Finance Assistant to join our ecosystem.
As a team, we are down-to-earth yet ambitious, highly-skilled yet casual, friendly yet professional, strikingly different from each other yet bound by our common human values. Proactive people who thrive on change and are driven to improve themselves and others everyday are the kind of people that will love working with us.
We’d love for our new addition to be authentic, driven, professional and filled with purpose, with excellent written and verbal communication skills. The ideal candidate should have a love for accounting practices, interacting with clients and sharing knowledge.
If you are chosen, you will be accountable for performing the full debtors, creditors and general ledger functions for different entities, as well as assisting with any other administrative support functions that the business requires.
Note that this position is permanent and based in Umhlanga, Durban, South Africa. Candidates should be equipped to work on site and from home, as required.
- At least two years’ experience at performing debtors, creditors and general ledger functions
- Computer literacy, with experience working with spreadsheets in Microsoft Excel
- Experience in providing general office all-rounder duties for a team
- A calm and professional approach to handling a challenging scenario with a client
- Detailed organiser who is patient and mature-minded
- Natural ability to prioritise and time-manage tasks
- Experience using Pastel Partner
- Accounting diploma or degree
- Experience in Debt Collection
- Understanding of technology services
- More than three years’ experience in a similar role
- A team player, not afraid to show initiative with strong problem solving and decision making skills
- A customer-focused attitude, with strong verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated with a constant use of one’s own initiative
- The ability to multi-task and prioritise workload in real-time
- Passionate about keeping abreast of changes in your chosen area of technology
- The culture of imparting knowledge to co-workers, regardless of years of experience, and to constantly acquire and adopt knowledge from others
- Career-focused with the motivation to forge one’s own path to success within a high-performing team
- The drive to be the best in the industry in every task one undertakes
- Full CV
- Reference details from your direct leads at your 2 most recent places of employment.
- Expected salary, your notice period and reasons for leaving each place of employment.
- Include your expected salary and your notice period.