An exciting position for a Dept Head: Customer Experience has become available with our client based in Umhlanga.
- Drive Customer Experience and its alignment to company’s team processes and strategy.
- Responsible for implementing continuous improvement initiatives relating to customer experience and quality.
- Responsible to support and empower the business’ operations to achieve the required customer experience and quality outcomes.
Leading customer experience
- Accountable for implementing a customer experience strategy that is informed by research into best practice solutions whilst being aligned to our business objectives.
- Accountable for the translation of best practice solutions into company specific standards, requirements, policies and objectives to ensure that the customer experience strategy remains relevant.
- Drive and support a culture of responsive, simple and empathetic customer experiences for all company stakeholders
- Responsible for the overall scoping, planning and implementation of customer experience initiatives, including Digitalisation strategy and roadmap and Employee Engagement.
- Responsible for leading the change management relating to our quality, customer and compliance requirements.
- Accountable for data analysis, root cause analysis, identifying trends that impact the customer’s experience and then proposing appropriate recommendations and solutions.
- Assume overall accountability for the implementation of appropriate standards and measures relating to quality and customer experience.
- Ensure that Quality standards and measures are consistently implemented across the business operations.
- Support the business operations in ensuring that the quality of work delivered, and client interactions meet our customer experience and quality standards by providing relevant, regular and accurate reporting data (MIS).
- Accountable for managing transactional quality monitoring, including analysis, calibration, reporting and root cause analysis of our customer interactions and performance metrics to ensure that both our business processes and employees are meeting our Customer Experience standards.
- Provide accurate and relevant data to the business operations to facilitate the measurement of Service Level Agreements (SLA’s).
- Make quality improvement recommendations and guide the business Operations to effectively implement such improvements.
- Monitor improvement recommendations and raise flags when actions are not working.
Complaints and Compliments
- Monitor customer complaints and compliments as input towards potential improvement initiatives.
- Analyse the root cause of customer complaints and recommend workable system solutions relating to process, people, measurement, training etc.
- Accountable to ensure that Ombudsman complaints are timeously and effectively resolved to mitigate possible risk in this regard.
- Partner with the business to ensure that all customer complaints are resolved as per service standards/ SLA agreements.
- Responsible for managing the relationship with all stakeholders (business partners, operations, and policy holders) to ensure the best possible outcome for the company.
- Collaborate with business to ensure that all employees are trained in respect of our customer service and quality approach at the company.
- Accountable to ensure that regular and relevant training interventions are implemented to meet any identified training needs relating to quality and customer experience.
- Responsible for the effective performance of the Customer Experience team.
- Responsible for understanding the skills and competencies of the team, and assisting to close the relevant gaps through coaching, mentoring, and identifying training needs.
- Providing motivation to the Customer Experience team to constantly add value to business.
- Accountable for ensuring the optimal resourcing of the Customer Experience team.
- Responsible for communicating and cascading the strategy to the team, ensuring that all team members have aligned goals.
- Facilitating communication between CE and the various other departments within the company.
- Encouraging collaboration between CE and the rest of the company
- Relevant Bachelor’s Degree is required.
- Postgraduate qualification would be an advantage.
- FAIS accreditation would be an advantage.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications (advanced Excel).
- A Minimum of 8 years’ relevant experience including leading a quality and customer experience team is required.
- Relevant experience working in a call centre/contact centre environment preferably in the financial services environment.
- Experience working within the insurance industry would be an advantage.