A massive manufacturing company in Durban has a requirement for a suitably qualified and experienced Communications Specialist. The ideal candidate will regulate the internal and external communication process and the use of various means of communication.
- Propose and coordinate the disclosure of relevant news, notes, campaigns and information about the company by way of the various means of communication, the aim being to ensure that the company’s stakeholders have the correct perception of the company
- Certify the correct external presentation of information about the company in the various means available to it, such as press releases, publicity, communiques, sponsorships, etc.
- Assess the interest of the company with regard to making a statement about a particular subject and directing press requests to the respective area.
- Review the content of the different types of external company information that is produced in the units, such as: pamphlets, publicity, folders, press releases, announcements, overhead posters, banners, commemorative plaques, presentations at seminars and talks, etc.
- Assess, align with management, and issue opinions on the company’s institutional sponsorship proposals.
- Develop, maintain, and expand communication flows, thus facilitating the relationship between the company and its business units and the international press.
- Mediate the relationship between the company and its business units and the press or other external agents
- Propose strategic actions for better positioning the company relative to topics to which the company and its business units are sensitive
- Arrange training for the spokespeople and its business units with regard to their relationship with the press (media training) and other external agents.
- Develop communication planning for managing crises that is aligned with the Crisis Management Policy.
- Plan, monitor, measure and assess the strategic actions of internal communication
- Define the strategic priorities and key topics of communication within the company
- Promote inter-country integration of actions and resource rationalization of internal communication action plans.
- Coordinate the development and application of the brand management model
- Create and maintain dynamic and educational communication that can motivate the internal public and ensuring its commitment to the strategic objectives of the business
- Generate effective communication for gaining the commitment of management, because of their importance as agents of transformation.
- Propose solutions for sensitive areas in which internal communication can mitigate the possible impacts of institutional action
- Guarantee correct application of the identity manual of the company’s brand
- Act in accordance with demand in all situations that imply new business for the company. It is up to the internal communication area to appoint a corporate communication agency and its respective management and to define all internal actions
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing or Business Management, or equivalent qualification.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in communications (Media, PR, Digital) at a corporate level
- Excellent communications skills and command of both written and spoken English
- Strong Project Management skills to ensure timely, effective and efficient delivery with independent working methods
- Proven ability to take initiative and to make an independent judgement in performing tasks
- Travel required to the various plants in KZN