General Employment - Other General Employment
- Plan and determine drawing requirements to produce engineering drawings
- Use CAD computer programmes as a design tool to produce detailed engineering drawings to specifications
- Maintain and update the drawing register (Level control, Customer drawings, Manufacturers drawings, etc.)
- Maintain and update the specification register (Level control, ISO, TL, etc.)
- Monitor and control the issue and receipt of drawings/specifications
- Back-up drawings onto external drives (Store off-site)
- Download / review and maintain the CAD files for part drawings we receive from our customers. Maintain CAD secure storage & transfer through customer portals. Document & distribute CAD revision changes to the commercial and plant teams. Create & Maintain drawing register in line with IATF requirements (SharePoint). Create and maintain part drawings (FG and components) in a central database (SharePoint) in TIF or PDF formats as well
- Maintain a CAD authorization register (SharePoint)
- Ensure all CAD software licenses are kept up to date, ensure licenses are renewed. Maintain some (floating license) for various CAD viewers
- Do basic feasibility checks on CAD (under cuts, 0mm compression,). Build base documents for costing. Liaise with the commercial teams for measurements and assist with quotations
- Send CAD to toolmakers and other suppliers
- Do cycle time and cutting path analysis on existing programs and suggest and implement improvements.
- Maintain CAD contracts with OEM's to ensure compatibility and quick download and integration internally and with tooling suppliers.
- Participate in CAD discussion meetings to support if needed.
- Propose and set the standards
- National Diploma in Industrial Engineering/ National Certificate: General Draughting or related
- At least 5 years experience in a similar role
Abantu Staffing Solutions