• Manage and coordinate optimal utilisation of labour, products, packaging and packing material of all pack houses
• Operational planning, executing and adjusting packing programmes according to demand and quality protocols
• Oversee quality and safety systems according to relevant regulations e.g. BRC
• Optimise packing activities to improve the bottom-line cost chain
• Negotiations with suppliers and key clients
• Control, manage and report on operations budget, costings and productivity measurements
• People management
• Support the Managing Director with strategic projects and decision-making
The successful candidate must meet the following minimum criteria:
• Relevant tertiary qualification (e.g. Agricultural Economy, Operational Management, Finance)
• At least 7 years’ experience in a similar role (Operational Management in the agricultural environment)
• Strong decision maker with excellent grasp of both long- and short-term macro / micro issues of business, operations (production / supply chain) and other resources
• Excellent leadership, negotiation, communication and interpersonal skills
• Strong focus and understanding of profitability, costings, data and auditing
• Highly organised and structured with a strong work ethic
Only candidates fulfilling the minimum requirements will be considered for the position.
This alert already exists for this Email.
You have successfully created your alert.
You will receive an email when a new job matching your criteria is posted.