Payroll and Accounting Administrator
Thursday, 17 June 2021
General Employment - Other General Employment
- Providing information and answering employee questions about payroll-related matters.
- Managing electronic timekeeping systems or manually collecting and reviewing timesheets.
- Calculating payable hours, commissions, bonuses, tax withholdings, and deductions.
- Preparing financial documents such as invoices, tax filings, and monthly profit reports.
- Maintaining files on account receivables and updating records as required.
- Managing the flow of petty cash by recording all monetary transactions.
- Ensuring that suppliers are informed of any changes to service agreements and payment options.
- Updating management on any financial discrepancies found during invoicing duties.
- Adhering to best practices in accounting, as outlined by industry experts and espoused by the company.
- Maintaining employee records.
- Coordinating with the HR department to ensure correct employee data.
- Providing administrative assistance to the accounting department.2
- Working knowledge of relevant legal regulations.
- The ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously while maintaining accuracy.
- The ability to collaborate with co-workers, clients, and suppliers.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business, administration, or similar.
- 2 years’ of experience working in a payroll office.
- At least one year of accounting experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and payroll software programs Sage One and VIP.
- A solid understanding of financial processes such as bookkeeping and tax filing.