Responsible for the general management of the Accounting Function to ensure the smooth running of the financial function within the Company.
- 5 years Accounting experience
- 2 years Financial management experience
- Advanced Excel
- Good understanding in accordance with accounting standard
- Sage Payroll or another relevant platform
- Fusion (Advantageous)
Tertiary bookkeeping or accounting qualification
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITY
- Prepare management accounting statements monthly.
- Identify, design and implement processes to improve Company financial operations
- Ensure compliance with statutory requirements
- Approve day to day petty cash expenses in line with the approved budget
- Monthly payroll calculation and PAYE/UIF on Sage Payroll.
- Issue Payslips to all employees monthly.
- Compilation and issuing of 6 monthly tax reconciliation.
- Ensure valid Tax Clearance Certificates at all times.
- Ensure valid BEE Certificates at all times.
- Prepare and issue Purchase Orders to clients.
- Provide monthly statements to customers.
- Assist in the follow up of outstanding Debtors.
- Reconcile customer payments from bank statement and issue weekly payments report.
- Report weekly on outstanding invoices.
- Update monthly budgets
- Notify the Directors of payments that must be released (VAT, PAYE, TAX, general payments)
- Load approved payments in the bank.
- Interface with auditors with regards to invoices, statements, VAT etc.
- Ensuring accounts are up to date for audits
- Provide assistance to Auditors when conducting audits
- File paid invoices for auditors.
- Collect debtors within the parameters set
- Process creditors payment in accordance with Company regulations
- Manage cash flow
- Investigate and feedback to Company management on over-expenditure
- Communicate additional funding requirements to the Company
- Participate in the budgeting process
- Manage expenses in line with budget
- Report on variances to budget
- Compile and implement an action plan to manage budget variances
- Compile balance sheet
- Compile income statement
- Compile cash flow sheet
- Compile debtors management report
- Provide financial information to Company management as and when requested
- Explain deviations in financial reporting to management
- Capture and maintenance of all accounting records on Fusion.
- Receive supplier invoices from staff or suppliers
- Prepare and manage payment requests for invoices on Fusion