We are looking for an experienced Banqueting and Conferencing Manager in the Centurion area to manage the entire Conference and Banqueting departments for a Luxury upmarket Hotel.
- Grade 12
- Tertiary Qualification in F&B Management (Desirable)
- 4 years Broad-based hospitality experience
- 2 years Banqueting management experience
- Banqueting Management
- Micros Fidelio (General knowledge)
- Opera, with specific reference to the Sales & Catering module
- Communication (written and verbal)
- Analytical thinking
- Time management
- Problem solving
- TEAM work
- Attention to detail
- To produce and drive an annual business plan for the Banqueting department incorporating a yearly marketing plan and an associated budget.
- To compile an annual financial budget for the Banqueting department with the input of the Food & Beverage Manager.
- To create loyalty, trust and respect amongst the entire Banqueting TEAM by transparent, consistent, inspirational and motivational management style.
- Maintain proper relationships with current clients & update data to show growth in business
- Act as part of the sales & marketing TEAM of the hotel
- Create a departmental working environment focused on STAFF development and job fulfilment to achieve employee loyalty.
- Fully familiarised with all hotel and company policies, as well as hotel programmes offered such as Loyalty programmes, audit and service measurement programmes and merit awards.
- Participate in company and hotel induction-and refresher programmes.
- Maintains good relationships with current clients and updates database to show growth in business
- Acts as part of the sales and marketing TEAM of the hotel
- Demonstrate exceptional level of professionalism, maturity and emotional intelligence at all times
- Ensure the YTD departmental profit per the budget is achieved.
- Revenue Control - Fully responsible for the Banqueting and Conferencing department’s financial performance and long term sustainability.
- Follow up on all daily business enquiries and all pre payments and deposits limiting business risk
- Ensure all revenue per function sheet is raised correctly per day.
- Responsible for all Company Policies regarding the departmental specific audit requirements of:
- Internal audits
- Procurement audits
- RAFF Audit
- Hygiene audits
- Risk Audits (sections relating to Banqueting Department)
- GUEST Questionnaire feedback on banqueting / conference
- STAFF performance Quarterly result.
- To act on the results of the above audits in order to achieve set targets.
- Accountable for Conference & Banqueting cost control and the related results.
- Ensures that all laws, regulations, licenses and Company policies pertaining to the operation of the Banqueting function are adhered to.
- Ensures that standards are maintained in Conference & Banqueting venues and outlets at all times in relation to service delivery and hygiene requirements.
- Ensures each conference co-ordinator receives a welcome pack and briefing on arrival
- Ensures post conference debrief with client and sign off of account before departure on last day.
- Produce reports on the aspects of the Conference & Banqueting Department in terms of Company policy and directives issued by the General Manager and Food and Beverage Manager.
- Proactively communicate market trends and possible changes in GUEST preferences and expectations on the Banqueting offering to the F&B Manager and General Manager at mandated meetings.
- Adhere to the standardised portions used and is responsible for the controlling of food, beverage and labour costs in alignment with business trends
- Ensures that GUEST satisfaction is established and maintained by the employees of the Conference & Banqueting Department.
- Maintains appropriate Staffing levels across the entire Conference & Banqueting department.
- Identifies and implements continuous employee training schemes to ensure that standard company operating standards and procedures and employment equity targets are met.
- Sources and contacts potential and existing clients and develops and maintains their relationship with the Hotel.
- Assists in the development of Banqueting menus and menu prices, beverage lists and beverage prices with the aim of achieving maximum sales and meet or exceed budgeted departmental profit percentages.
- Completes employee appraisals at regular intervals.
- Responsible for performance management of departmental STAFF.
- Ensures that all reports associated with the department are produced on time and are accurate.
- Supplies relevant information to other departments timeously to assist them in planning and running their departments.
- Forms part of Duty Management TEAM and as such will be available to answer GUEST queries, complaints, ensure operating standards of the Hotel are achieved and be responsible for the Hotel security during the Duty Manager period.
- Keeps records and maintains filing systems within the Conference & Banqueting Department.
- Ensures that regular stock takes are scheduled including consumables and operating equipment as well as maintaining hotel equipment and fixed assets throughout all Conference & Banqueting venues and outlets and ensures that they are carried out in accordance with Company policy and procedures and that they are accurate and acted upon.
- Serves on any committee as required or as requested by the Food and Beverage Manager, General Manager and / or Company executives.
- Performs additional duties as required or as requested by the Food and Beverage Manager and / or General Manager.
- General Manager
- Financial Manager
- Food and Beverage Manager
- Hotel Executive Chef
- Executive Housekeeper
- Front Office Manager / Rooms Division Manager
- Stock Controller / Procurement Manager
- Corporate executives as required
Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you would like to apply for this position please click on the "Apply" button.