General Employment - Other General Employment
- Registered with the South African Nursing Council as a Professional Nurse.
- Prior experience in a similar position will be an advantage.
- A qualification in Operating Theatre Nursing Science will be an advantage.
- Sound knowledge and application of relevant Theatre and CSSD policies and procedures. Management of surgical equipment and instruments.
- Competent in the demonstration and assessment of all clinical procedures and management. Sound knowledge of stock management.
- The ability to identify, report, investigate and address near-misses and adverse events.
- Sound knowledge of the Scientific Nursing Process and BCA bundles.
- A good understanding and application of the nursing scope of practice, knowledge of patient care and unit management.
- Good leadership abilities and role modelling. Good planning and organizing skills that contribute to meeting objectives.
- The ability to display sound judgement in problem-solving.
- The ability to adapt and respond to change.
- Builds and maintains relationships that facilitate the achievement of goals.
- Exhibits full responsibility for own work outputs and outputs of team.
- Displays a concern for excellence that promotes meeting and exceeding standards.
- Responsible for continuous performance management, quality and people management.
- Ensures goals are aligned with corporate strategy.
- Adheres to Patients' Rights at all times. Identifies risks and implements controls.
- Compiles and manages capital, operational and personnel budgets.
- Control of stock and equipment according to policy.
- Identifies and addresses Continuous Professional Development (CPD) needs.
- Responsible for client relationship management to ensure that quality client service principles are maintained.
- Ensures a therapeutic and safe patient environment by maintaining health and safety standards and complying with infection prevention and control policies
Red Ember Recruitment