Our client in the IT industry based in Cape Town is currently looking to employ a Test Engineer.
Main purpose of the position:
- The QA team is responsible for testing and maintaining product test cases for all exciting projects. You will be required to work closely with the rest of the talented team to reach product objectives by using your exceptional skills to ensure the quality of products.
Experience, Skills and Knowledge:
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in writing automated and manual test cases.
- Experience leading a QA team will be an advantage
- ISTQB/ISEB qualification will be an advantage.
- Experience with CI tools and executing automated tests.
- Experience working with mobile devices in an automation context.
- Experience using a test case management platform.
- Experience using Selenium WebDriver with the Python programming language.
- A tertiary qualification in Computer Science or an equivalent.
- Knowledge of security standards, penetration and performance testing.
- Experience with Katalon Studio or similar automation suites.
Key Performance Areas:
Test cases and test suites:
- Responsible for end-to-end user tests
- Regression tests
- Reporting bugs to team members
- Develop and maintain automation scripts
- Implementation of the automation framework
- Execute automated regression tests through a CI pipeline
- Penetration tests and security audits
- Load testing of infrastructure
- Plan and estimate project deliverables
- Participation in sprint planning sessions and project retrospectives.
- Work closely with product owners to ensure efficient delivery of automation tests
- Understand the front-end and back-end architecture
- Develop and maintain reports with test plan and test execution result and communicate these to technical team lead
- Effectively maintain and manage the test case and automation frameworks
- Work closely with the DevOps team to maintain automation pipelines
- Investigate errors and raise necessary tickets with the relevant teams
Please consider your application unsuccessful should you not receive a response within 2 weeks of applying.