The Technical Support Specialist will be responsible for the support of IT-related functions within the hospitals including but not limited to:
- Software and Hardware support and installation
- User interface assistance and training
- Render after-hours support
- Installing and configuration of workstations Operating Systems (Windows)
- Installing and configure standard applications e.g Microsoft office, Netcare software
- Grade 12 / equivalent NQF Level 4 qualification
- National Diploma
- Formalised knowledge of Microsoft products
- 5 years experience in hardware and software maintenance and support
- Ability to work under pressure and to maintain effectiveness during changing conditions
- The ability to work effectively and co-operatively with others by establishing and maintaining good working relationships
- Displaying a good customer-focus by developing and sustaining productive customer relationships
- The ability to prioritise by managing time and resources to ensure that work is completed effectively
- The ability to produce work of a high-quality standard by accurately checking processes and tasks.
- Maintaining a satisfactory level of technical and professional skill or knowledge by keeping abreast of current development and trends in the medical field impacting on the post
- Ability to set high standards of performance for self and others to ensure the successful completion of assignments or tasks
- Computer literacy, the ability to capture information on the Hospital computer system accurately and quickly
Values and Attitudes
- Your attitude towards patients, visitors, and staff has to be professional and to treat everyone with respect.
- Extensive knowledge of modern nursing care principles and practices in the highly specialised field of the intensive care nursing
- The capacity to recognise development areas in others and support them to facilitate personal development through coaching.
- The capacity to implement and support change initiatives and to provide leadership in times of uncertainty
- The ability to evaluate and develop different levels of capacity within a team to achieve set objectives.
- Capable of recognising the need for action, considering possible risks and taking responsibility for results.
- Capable of making decisions timeously and taking responsibility for the consequences.
- Capacity to plan, organise and control own work environment by setting appropriate priorities and achieving set objectives within a given time frame.
- The capacity to identify and respond to the needs of *internal and external customers.
- Internal and external customers include patients, doctors, colleagues, suppliers, visitors, vendors and any other person that requires a relationship
- Capable of supporting and advocating change initiatives and managing own reaction to change.
- The capacity to improve systems and processes to facilitate continuous improvement.
- Capacity to instil an ethic of quality and consistency in self and others
- Capacity to cooperate with others to work towards a common goal
- The capacity to perform a technical function to required standards.