We are proudly supporting the leading FMCG company in southern Africa right now, on a really exciting search for a Technical Lead within Data Engineering. This is an incredible opportunity to work at the forefront of the industry, with incredible minds and leading talent.
Working as a core member of an Agile team, you will hold responsibility for building and supporting data pipelines. You must be experienced in handling raw data, from a broad range of sources and integrate them seamlessly.
You will enable solutions, using emerging technologies across the big data and cloud spaces.
- Responsible for data solution software and hardware required.
- Strategic thinker, understanding the commercial requirements and translates them into system requirements.
- You must have experience of building DA frameworks; you will architect next-generation analytics framework. This will be developed on the Group’s range of core technology.
- Build a strong working relationship with developers, you will be responsible for making sure data solutions are integrated.
- You will Build automation tools, ensuring that all automated processes preserve integrated data.
- You will liaise with key stakeholders across the business, Interpreting data results for business customers.
- You will work with the business to maintain a fully adaptable technical solution.
- This role is responsible for communication across third parties and product managers (tech/non-tech) on solution design.
- Bachelor's in computer science, computer engineering
- AWS Certification – this must be from Associate +
- Data engineering or software engineering experience 5+ yrs
- Experience of leading a team of engineers 3+ yrs
- Big Data, ETL, Could AWS
- Agile or similar/ Scrum
- Experienced coding and testing pattern
- Creating data channels from on-site to AWS Cloud 2 + yrs
- Talend or similar
- Data manipulation using python and pyspark
- Hadoop paradigm for processing data
- Experienced in devops across Big Data and BI, including automated testing and deployment
This alert already exists for this Email.
You have successfully created your alert.
You will receive an email when a new job matching your criteria is posted.