To partner the with the IT Manager and the application teams to ensure the delivery of quality systems solutions within a contained environment in order to satisfy business requirements in line with the business strategy. This is a permanent position based in Cape Town.
• Provides input into ITS strategy and relevant systems strategy
o Collaborates with the IT manager and ensures input into the one year operating plan and projects priority plan in line with ITS strategy and relevant business requirements
o Provides input into systems related Risk Management Strategies and risk mitigation
o Support Systems Manager in the drafting of Technology Roadmaps
o Collaborate with Architects, Infrastructure, Systems Applications Specialists, System Analysts and Analyst Programmers across IT
• Delivers quality systems solutions that meet the business
o Provide input and guidance to the IT manager and the application teams to ensure identification and delivery of system solutions
o Solution design / design reviews to ensure E2E systems integrity
• Keeps up to date with best practice and the latest developments
o Proactively update ITS and the business where relevant
o Proactively identify and recommend opportunities for delivering new and improving existing solutions to meet the business requirements
o Identify Service Improvement initiatives, drive implementation and measure benefits
• Ensures that solutions adhere to architectural, technical standards and principles
o Provides application teams with architectural and technical thought leadership
• Matric 3 year IT qualification
• 3-5 years relevant IT experience (Oracle Experience will be beneficial)
• 2-3 years dev/functional experience in an IT application environment
• BY/JDA Fulfilment and/or LDE application knowledge
• Project management skills
• Working knowledge retail/supply chain
• Drive the implementation of technology strategy based on business needs / requirements on initiatives of reasonable complexity and awareness of architecture / integration dependencies (but will be slightly more narrow and specialised)
• Systemic understanding of key business linkages and dependencies
• Is aware of and responsive to internal and external events and influences on the technical landscape
• Ability to research technology-related concepts, trends and best practices, and apply findings
• Demonstrates a results-oriented mindset in planning and implementing activities/projects
• Clearly defines objectives and translates them into workable activities
• Plans with a realistic sense of the time and resource demands involved, maintaining awareness of the interrelationships between own and other activities/project
• Anticipates potential obstacles and their impact on the accomplishment of goals and timelines and propose/ take corrective action where required
• Monitors and tracks progress to ensure delivery of all planned commitments, and keeps the appropriate people informed
• Listens attentively and checks understanding of the message being received.
• Prepares clear, well-structured presentations using a variety of tools and techniques.
• Prepares written reports and briefs and communicates ideas clearly.
• Speaks fluently in team meetings when presenting information.
This alert already exists for this Email.
You have successfully created your alert.
You will receive an email when a new job matching your criteria is posted.