A growing Cape Town based, South African Software House, developing Enterprise (nTier) Application Software is currently looking for a Solution Architect responsible for providing high-quality technical support. The Solution Architect troubleshoots and develops technical solutions related to software; creates workaround procedures when standard procedures have failed and ensures issues are resolved in a timely fashion.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
• To understand project and business requirements and deliver IT solutions, architectural designs, and technical specifications that are based on agreed architectural methods and design standards.
• To lead ‘white board' solutions discussions with managers, business unit Leadership and industry experts/consultants.
• To assess the impact of proposed changes on existing systems and architecture, and the effort associated with implementing IT solutions.
• Analyze and address complex issues and recommend appropriate solutions, including issues with respect to
performance, scalability and manageability of system solutions and development efforts.
• To contribute to the maintenance, development and on-going improvement of solutions architecture and development processes by enforcing and maintaining project specific standards, guidelines, checklists and templates.
• To participate in peer reviews with independent verifications and validation, testing of code and perform effective system and code analysis reviews making recommendations to developers using the current application development standards as a guideline.
• To evaluate project and vendor solutions according to business requirements and recommend appropriate product and/or software solutions, with due consideration for the technology fit from an end-to-end architectural perspective.
• To stay abreast of developments in the retail industry with respect to relevant applications systems and technologies.
Mandatory Skills / Abilities required to do the job:
Application development methodology and software development lifecycle processes
• Application analysis and design
• Project management principles
• Presentation skillsPage 2
• Interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
• Conflict handling and management skills
• Verbal and written communication skill
• 5-10 years Applications Development Experience
• 3 to 4 years’ experience in application design and the application of industry standard application development methodologies and SDLC processes
• Working experience in the retail sector and the design and implementation of retail applications and solutions
• Bachelor’s Degree in computer science/Information systems is advantageous.
This alert already exists for this Email.
You have successfully created your alert.
You will receive an email when a new job matching your criteria is posted.