This is a brilliantly exciting opportunity for an experienced Software Engineer. In this role you will act as Practice Lead, an extremely important and pivotal hire for this international household name.
You will be creative, future-focussed and able to develop, and lead the implementation of new/current software engineering development practices. This includes experience of Agile/ SAFe transformation, Agile software delivery, and a track record of heading up the successful implementation of new software engineering practices in a large-scale/diverse organisation, and deep technical knowledge of defining and configuring DevOps toolchains is important.
This is within a fast paced business, leading innovation and change so experience of a similar environment is important.
Lead solution delivery methodologies, standards and tooling from conception through to production:
- Lead the implementation of a current and up to date solution delivery strategy.
- You will have a keen interesting new and successful solutions, frameworks, methods and strategies and evaluate international SDLC best practice.
- Define the SDLC frameworks and methodologies. This includes Waterfall, Agile, Product management, SAFe, DevOps, etc. required to enable multi-modal software delivery.
- Define standards and guidelines with templates for SDLC artifacts.
- Define the required SDLC environment standards (e.g. Dev, QA, Sandbox, Prod, etc.)
- Develop lines for effective communication between discipline structures and delivery structures
- Innovation, Innovation, Innovation
- Providing thought leadership and solid lines to senior leadership on new development methodologies.
- Identify individuals and forums that will constantly communicate the defined and SDLC methodologies to all stakeholders and drive adoption
- Relationship building is critical, and you will collaborate with stakeholder’s regularly on deliverables.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS, or related
- 10+ years Working experience within the IT industry
- 5+ years Extensive working experience With SDLC Tools
- Extensive experience with Atlassian Stack (Jira, Jenkins, Portfolio)
- 3+ years Experience in Identification and formulation of Standard, Artifacts, and Processes
- 5+ years Demonstrated expertise in a variety of application development methodologies and practices from Agile, Waterfall and especially SAFe.
- 5+ years Experience with all aspects of IT projects from business analysis, architectures, system analysis, and design through development, testing, implementation, and production (SDLC) and how DevOps interact with this in both Mode 1 and mode 2 projects.