ASAP! We are looking to employ a hard-working and skilled Artisan to turn, mill, weld, fabricate, fit, and manufacture and assemble various mechanical components. The Artisans responsibilities include keeping accurate records of all work done, repairing breakdowns of mechanical components and manufacturing as per sample and or drawing. You should also be able to collaborate with other Artisans on projects.
To be successful as an Artisan, you should be detail-oriented, focused, and adept at interpreting drawings. Ultimately, an exceptional Artisan should be able to safely use hand tools, milling machines, Lathes etc as well as demonstrate excellent analytical, problem-solving, and organisational skills.
This is a contractual job offer with fixed terms.
- Analysing the drawings for mechanical systems to determine the specifications of the components to be constructed.
- Manufacturing components from raw materials.
- Designing jigs and templates as work aids in the fabrication of parts.
- Measuring and marking metal stock for machining.
- Setting up machine tools such as drills, lathes, grinders, and milling machines.
- Filling, grinding and shimming metals to ensure a smooth finish.
- Maintaining Company Equipment.
- Using welding equipment to fuse structural components.
- Inspecting components to ensure that they are the correct size.
- Following company systems and procedures.
- Accurately logging of time on job cards.
- Overtime work when needed.
- Adhering to all work-site safety rules and regulations.
- Trade test and or Diploma.
- Proven experience working as an Artisan. (Min 3+ years qualified)
- Experience working as a Tool and Die Maker.
- Extensive experience with metalworking tools including drills, milling machines, grinders, and lathes.
- Sound engineering principles.
- The ability to interpret drawings for mechanical components.
- The ability to concentrate for extended periods.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication, time management, and organizational skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Advanced troubleshooting skills.
- Exceptional mechanical and welding skills.