- Design, develop and test code written in Python, working on a platform in Python and bash.
- Building tooling around DevOps and Software Engineering best practices
- Draft technical specifications and briefs
- Monitor latency, performance, efficiency, and change management.
- Passionate about improving resilience and observability of distributed systems
- Perform code reviews
- Maintain and improve code quality
- Write and deploy robust and backwards compatible code
- Minimum 2 years experience in a development, systems administration, DevOps, SRE role or similar
- Knowledge of CompSci theory (networking, databases, data structures, algorithms, cloud computing, security, code design, distributed systems and testing)
- Version control experience (Git preferred)
NICE TO HAVE
- Service and event driven architectures experience (PubSub)
- B.Sc in Computer Science, Electrical (& Computer) Engineering or a related field
- Experience with e-commerce based applications
- Google Cloud experience (Compute Engine / Kubernetes Engine / App Engine / BigQuery / CloudSQL / etc)