Education and Training
- B.Sc. Engineering or Computer Science or equivalent experience.
Skills and Qualifications
We are looking for candidates with the relevant industry experience and the following skills:
- Technical experience - You have 5+ years of software support, reliability, or operations engineering experience in a highly customer-focused environment.
- Management experience - You have 2+ years of experience successfully managing a team of 5-8 engineers on large-scale projects that included technical deep-dives and production troubleshooting in the areas of: distributed systems, code, networking, storage, and operating systems.
- Leadership skills:
- You possess strong leadership skills and the ability to motivate teams.
- You will bring a strong perspective and collaborative partnership that drives change, and motivates engineers to develop simple solutions to complex operational or reliability challenges.
- Strategic skills:
- You have experience formulating a team's technical strategy and roadmap, and you've collaborated and partnered effectively with several other teams.
- You can provide a strong technical vision for systems and infrastructure teams.
- Service delivery: You have experience building services and systems, have successfully taken projects from inception to production, and are comfortable diving in to provide leadership for major projects when needed.
- Communication skills – You are capable of leading a discussion with upper management and are able to tailor the level of technical detail to suit your audience.
Tools of the Trade
The manager of infrastructure SRE should be able to use standard equipment and software in addition to the following:
- Command-line tools for interacting with cloud services