Our Client in Brackenfell, Cape Town in the Construction Industry, has a 6 month contract available for a Site Manager.
This role is open to all ethnicities with a valid SA ID.
Construction Site Manager responsibilities include: Collaborating with engineers and teams etc. to determine the specifications of the project Negotiating contracts with external vendors to reach profitable agreements
Obtaining permits, wayleaves and licenses from appropriate authorities
Job brief: We are looking for an experienced Site Manager to plan and supervise a wide range of construction projects from start to finish. You will organize and oversee construction procedures and ensure they are completed in a timely and efficient manner. Oversee that the teams adhere to H&S regulations. You will be the go-to person for everything involving a project’s organization and timeline.
An excellent Construction Site Manager must be well-versed in all construction methodologies and procedures and able to coordinate a team of professionals of different disciplines to achieve the best results. The ideal candidate will have an analytical mind and great organizational skills.
The goal will be to ensure all projects are delivered on time, within quality and according to requirements and without exceeding budget.
Responsibilities listed as below and not limited to:
- Collaborate with engineers, teams etc. to determine the specifications of the project Negotiate contracts with external vendors to reach profitable agreements
- Obtain permits and licenses from appropriate authorities
- Determine needed resources (manpower, equipment, and materials) from start to finish with attention to budgetary limitations
- Plan all construction operations and schedule intermediate phases to ensure deadlines will be met Acquire equipment and material and monitor stocks to timely handle inadequacies
- Hire contractors and other staff and allocate responsibilities
- Supervise the work of laborers, mechanics etc. and give them guidance when needed Evaluate progress and prepare detailed reports
- Ensure adherence to all health and safety standards and report issues
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Developing project scopes and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- Ensure resource availability and allocation
- Develop a detailed project plan to track progress
- Use appropriate verification techniques to manage changes in project scope, schedule and costs Measure project performance using appropriate systems, tools and techniques
- Report and escalate to management as needed
- Manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks
- Establish and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors Fleet ¢heck’s - Oil and water
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Due to the nature of the industry and Covid-19 Pandemic other task may be allocated accordingly.
- Proven experience as construction site manager
- In-depth understanding of construction procedures and material and project management principles Familiarity with quality and health and safety standards
- Good knowledge of MS Office
- Familiarity with construction/ project management software Outstanding communication and negotiation skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills A team player with leadership abilities
- PMP or equivalent certification will be an advantage