Our international client, with their offices in Cape Town, provide software solutions across the retail and financial sectors in South Africa, Africa, and the UK. Their reputation has placed them in great stead, and they continue to innovate and disrupt within their sector by producing the highest quality solutions for their clients and partners.
The purpose of this Senior Front-end Developer is to ultimately create a user-friendly experience architecture, using HTML, CSS, and other design tools to achieve interactive and visual design principles on websites and web applications for a seamless, positive, and consistent user experience. The successful incumbent will take the lead in analyzing and implementing user feedback, as well as supporting teams that are responsible for developing the user interface.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
• Conduct research and deconstruct users’ digital interactions and habits.
• Identify UI and UX strategies based on our target goals.
• Create and maintain digital assets, such as interface design files, wireframes, and interactive mockups using Figma and/or Invision
• Provide Technical Advice
• Responsible for the UI/UX architecture, design and development
• Combine design, user-centered research and development practices to create intuitive solutions
• Collaborate with client to understand project vision, visualize ideas and unlock business value
• Integration of software with existing systems
• Assist with training and mentoring team members
• Identify opportunities for system enhancements
Mandatory Skills / Abilities required to do the Job:
• HTML and CSS experience
• Figma / Invision experience
• Photoshop experience
• Graphic design skills
• Web and Mobile app experience
• Frontend development experience
Personal Attributes / Character traits required for this job
• Analytical thinker with critical thinking skills
• Delivery focused.
• Team Management/ Leadership
• Team Player – must be able to work collaboratively with clients and Development Management Executives, BAs, DPMs, Service Delivery Managers and Development Managers
• Keen attention to detail
• Stays focused under pressure
Education and General Working Experience
• 5 years+ of mobile app user interface and user experience design, wireframing
• 3 years + of Figma and or Invision prototyping experience.
• Solid understanding of visual communication (Layout, Colour, Typography, Icons, design theory)
• Graphic design experience (Photoshop etc.)
• Retail software experience (brick and mortar + eCommerce)
• Good HTML and CSS knowledge (Less, Sass etc.)
• Frontend development experience highly beneficial
• Portfolio examples beneficial
• Version control systems such as Git, Azure Devops beneficial
You have successfully created your alert.
You will receive an email when a new job matching your criteria is posted.
Your account has not been verified. Please use the verification link sent via email.Resend Verification Link