SENIOR TECHNICAL CONSULTANT (M365 & Azure) – Durbanville, Cape Town
Our client, a Global Managed Services firm is offering this exciting career prospect to join their team of passionate thought leaders in a dynamic and collaborative environment!
R600 000 to R 720 000 per annum Negotiable on Qualification and Experience
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Act as the highest point of technical escalation for Microsoft Workplace technologies.
- Provide support services internally and externally for customers in the following areas:
- Expert-level skills in Microsoft 365 Modern Desktop
- Expert-level skills in Microsoft 365 Enterprise
- Expert-level skills in Microsoft 365 Teams
- Expert-level skills in Microsoft 365 Security
- Provide technical expertise in developing strategic customer roadmaps to assist managed services customers to fully leverage workplace technologies, and work with Managed Services to deliver on roadmaps.
- Build positive client relationships by developing an understanding of the client’s business processes and providing analytical and insightful recommendations.
- Coordinate escalations to Microsoft Premier Support.
- Work with the product team on process automation and optimization.
- Respond to requests for issue resolution that have been raised as a Problem Ticket by the Cloud Support Services Team.
- Act as an escalation point to support teams. Provide fixes and, where appropriate, workarounds to incidents.
- Perform system configuration changes/updates based on recommendations and best practices, including billable / minor project work as and when required.
- Provide guidance and act as an SME to other support teams for complex incident investigation, complex system changes, and best practice recommendations.
- Help with incident trends analysis and/or other records that may indicate underlying problems as part of proactive support services.
- Ensure problem records are raised within the ITSM system for problems identified through routes other than escalation from the support team.
- Escalate issues to Platform (Defect) Management team if required.
- Provide instructions and information to assist Platform team in the correction of software code issues.
- Create Known Errors for Problems where the root cause and workaround has been identified.
- Ensure tickets are updated.
- Identify and coordinate the work required to provide permanent resolutions.
- Help maintain the content of Knowledge Base system; update the Knowledge Base with Known Error information, including workarounds.
- Follow support and business processes accurately with attention to detail whilst proactively looking for opportunities to improve the efficiency and quality of our services.
- Use ITSM system for the management of support issues and administering Support Services.
- Ideally 4-6 years’ experience working with Microsoft Workplace technologies in a busy service desk environment
- Relevant tertiary qualification
- Worked in a Microsoft Hybrid Exchange environment
- Microsoft Office365 - specifically Exchange Online
- Microsoft InTune
- MS-700 Microsoft 365 Teams Administrator Associate ESSENTIAL
- MS-500 Microsoft 365 Security Engineer Associate ESSENTIAL
- MS-100 Microsoft 365 Enterprise Administrator Expert
- MS-101 Microsoft 365 Enterprise Administrator Expert
- MD-100 Microsoft 365 Modern Desktop Administrator
- MD-101 Microsoft 365 Modern Desktop Administrator
- Microsoft Azure Cloud experience will be beneficial
- Microsoft SQL experience will be beneficial
- ITIL Foundation v4
*Please note that this role involves participating in an on-call rotation for out of hours support*
To apply, please forward a detailed copy of your CV to Nicole Spamers: email@example.com">firstname.lastname@example.org