We are seeking a experience Store Manager who has experience with Accessories. The Senior Store Manager functions to ensure achievement of sales and profit objectives, maintenance of service and operational standards and is responsible for the management, motivation and engagement of staff. In addition, the Senior Store Manager delivers superior sales results by helping customers select products best suited to their lifestyle and implements and executes initiatives as directed by the Super Centre Manager, Regional Manager or company.
Must Have Requirements:
- Essential: Matric certificate
- Preferred: Tertiary retail management or commerce qualification
- Essential: Previous experience in a retail or customer service environment
- Proven track record of achieving sales targets
- Preferred: 5+ years’ retail management experience is preferable
• Manage sales plan for the store and set individual targets according to hours worked.
• Drive sales to closure by asking questions and making appropriate product recommendations.
• Monitor sales on a daily basis and help find solutions when sales decline.
• Meet with Site/Area Manager regularly to review sales and operational objectives.
• Ensure staff have up-to-date information about procedures, sales and return policies.
• Authorise discounts with discretion.
2. PEOPLE MANAGEMENT & DEVELOPMENT
• Produce and manage work schedules to optimally staff the store according to peak trading times.
• Organise and oversee the implementation of staff and casual training in accordance with company policies and procedures.
• Engage in on-going networking activities and potential Sales Consultant candidates in the shopping community to build a hiring-readiness pool from which to draw.
• Assist with the recruitment, training and development of high quality Sales Consultants by providing clear, motivating and constructive feedback in a timely manner.
• Organise and ensure accurate completion of all daily, weekly and monthly paperwork.
• Conduct weekly RTS meetings with staff to provide regular feedback on sales targets and address sales & operational issues.
• Monitor sales and keep staff motivated to meet sales targets.
• Deal with minor disciplinary issues and issue warnings and acknowledgment of debt.
• Develop, motivate and lead staff ensuring teamwork and positive staff morale.
• Manage staff performance consistently so as to meet KPI’s and conduct performance appraisals according to company policy and procedure.
• Ensure that staff know how to process different warranties on POS system and check that they are doing it correctly.
• Draw up training plans and facilitate staff training including onboarding of new recruits.
3. CUSTOMER SERVICE
• Actively demonstrate exceptional customer service and coach, develop and guide sales team to deliver the same.
• Respond to all customer queries and complaints in a timely manner.
• Actively build customer relationships to ensure repeat business.
• Repairs: make decisions on the right warranty procedure – keeping customers informed of processing time.
• Gain knowledge and understanding of fashion trends, retail trends and competitor activity to provide the best possible customer experience.
• Respond to all customer complaints in an effective, professional and timely manner.
4. STOCK CONTROL
• Maintain inventory control and secure all merchandise according to plan.
• Plan, implement and monitor stock takes.
• Respond to stock discrepancies or stock related investigations as advised by Logistics.
• Ensure daily stock count with each shift change.
• Administer company procedures in order to minimise stock loss.
• Investigate discrepancies and report to Site/Area Manager. Take disciplinary action (AOD, warning etc.) where necessary.
• Manage shrinkage levels to within the company targeted ratio.
• Ensure that all returns and IBT’s are processed timeously, according to company policy and procedure.
5. STORE OPERATIONS
• Manage store & stock presentation to standards:
• Visual Merchandising
• Product & assortment guidelines
• Campaign set up
• General store appearance and cleanliness
• Ensure good housekeeping both inside and outside of the store.
• Ensure sufficient cleaning products are available at all times.
• Check that daily cash up is carried out correctly and efficiently.
• Oversee the store’s finances: ensure control sheets are completed for every shift change & that banking is done daily.
• Perform daily cash reconciliation checks.
You have successfully created your alert.
You will receive an email when a new job matching your criteria is posted.
Your account has not been verified. Please use the verification link sent via email.Resend Verification Link