A fun, vibrant and fast-moving company. They operate a dynamic and unique office culture, intended to reflect and empower their values and their "informal but serious" work ethic. They looking for an individual who will enjoy and thrive in this environment.
About the role
As a QA Automation Engineer, you will have the hands-on opportunity to gain experience in automation testing in an Agile environment. A strong candidate will have excellent problem-solving and critical thinking skills, and ability to perform in a fast-paced organization.
• ISEB/ISTQB Foundation Certification
• Minimum of 4 years of testing experience, preferably in an Agile environment
• Minimum 2 years working in mid-level test automation role
• Minimum 2 years' experience mentoring or managing junior testers
• Excellent oral and written communications skills
• Has a no-compromise attitude to quality
• High attention to detail
• Experience with Agile and understanding the QA role within the model
• Ability to multi-task and work on both projects and QA strategic tasks
• Ability to work in a very pressurized environment and deliver on very tight deadlines
• Highly experienced in designing and implementing test strategies and test plans with demonstrable knowledge of testing techniques, methodologies and approaches
• Solid experience in building automation frameworks for Web, Mobile and API
• Experience in testing REST APIs and/or other technical interfaces
• Solid experience writing reliable, scalable, and reusable automated tests (Selenium, Appium, Nightwatch etc.)
• Solid understanding of test automation design patterns and best practices
• Solid understanding of web services (REST) and underlying protocols (HTTP/S, TCP/IP)
• Solid experience with source control management tools such as Git and a good understanding of branching and merging
• Strong background in writing complex SQL queries against relational databases
• Experience using terminals and Unix command line
• Solid experience in mobile testing on iOS and/or Android platforms
• Experience in load and performance testing and analysis of performance metrics
• Be willing to conduct knowledge sharing sessions with fellow team members
• Proven experience of working in short release cycles, agile testing and risk-based testing approach
• Mentor junior testers and provide support and guidance with code reviews and adopting best practices in automation
• Promoting good engineering practices, bug prevention strategies, testability and other advanced quality concepts
• Ability to display and convey thought leadership within your area of expertise
• Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
• Automation framework design and development experience is plus
• Hands-on experience with Load and Performance tools (JMeter, Gatling, Neoload etc.)
• Experience with:
o Docker and container-based test solutions
o CI tools (Jenkins, Bamboo, Travis CI etc.)
o SaaS platforms such as Saucelabs & Browserstack
o Testing a microservice-based architecture
o Jenkins pipelines and configuration
o Test reporting frameworks such as Allure and Extent Report
o Static code analysis tools such as SonarQube
o Security or penetration testing
• Create and maintain automation scripts for Web, Mobile or API functional testing based on Java
• Troubleshoot, stabilize and optimize the various day-to-day existing QA automation jobs
• Communicate technical concepts/issues clearly to internal and external stakeholders
• Participate in code reviews and apply coding standards and best practices to new and existing automation scripts
• Script custom test solutions (e.g., test harnesses, SQL scripts, bash scripts etc.)
• Contribute to the development and maintenance of automation libraries
• Create and maintain performance test scripts (JMeter)
• Advanced knowledge of development tools to troubleshoot web-based applications
• Manage and troubleshoot build server issues
• Participate in architectural discussions in order to guide and facilitate the design of testable systems
• Work closely with the QA Tech lead on new strategies, processes and technical strategic tasks
• Contribute to the design and deployment of CI/CD DevOps pipelines, using tools like Jenkins.
Functional & Team:
• Develop a deep understanding of the product domain and business requirements (both functional and non-functional)
• Coach and support developers in building high quality, efficient and repeatable test automation
• Continuously evaluate and improve testing processes, approaches, and standards within the organization as a whole
• Work with engineers to drive improvements in code quality via manual and automated testing
• Assist in Test Closure activities - analyzing lessons learned to determine changes needed for future releases and projects, maintenance of the regression test plan post signoff
• Actively participate in agile meetings with the project manager and the development team
• Gather requirements, build testing solutions and troubleshoot issues in order to deliver a high-quality product.
• Conduct test coverage review sessions with product and development teams in sprint cycle.
This alert already exists for this Email.
You have successfully created your alert.
You will receive an email when a new job matching your criteria is posted.