Senior Product Owner is required for our Mobility team for various client engagements. The Product Owner must understand Scrum Framework and Agile Methodologies.
- Development or Technical background is advantageous.
- Understand the Scrum Framework and Agile methodologies.
- Be the Project’s key stakeholder representing Users and Business working together with the Software Development Teams to deliver high quality software products.
- Be responsible for validating product ideas with reviews of plans and work-in-progress with Customers, Architects and Product Teams.
- Conduct user research and develop wireframes and specs for new product features.
- Working with Stakeholders and Development Team.
- Manage multiple feature development in one backlog.
- Manage projects, BAU work and product roadmap priorities simultaneously.
- Assist with product/system/process documentation to support Users and Business continuity.
- Define goals and create the vision for development projects.
- Managing the product roadmap.
- Prioritising needs between business stakeholders, product and development teams.
- Anticipating client and product needs.
- Acting as a primary liaison between stakeholders and teams.
- Evaluating product progress at each iteration.
Key abilities required
- Proven experience as a Product Owner or related role
- Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills
- Strong research skills
- Collaborative spirit
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills
- Team player that is easy to work with and that functions in any size team
- Demonstrates personal motivation and a positive attitude
- Uses initiative, shows determination and commitment to delivery
- Copes under pressure
- Demonstrates resilience
- Facilitation Skills
- Strong work ethic and drive for results
- Values quality and produce high quality work at all times
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including an extensive vocabulary of general language and ICT terminology
- Reliable – ensures that if an assignment is allocated, it will be completed as agreed
- Demonstrates high ethics and adherence to the values
- Self-motivated, with a keen passion to stay ahead of the trends.
- Customer delighter
- Knowledge broker
- Conflict resolver
- Effective escalator
- Grade 12 Senior Certificate (Matric)
- Lean-Agile related certifications
Advantageous (nice to have):
- Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO)
- Certified SAFe Product Owner / Product Owner
- Bachelor’s Degree with Computer Science, Information Technology or Information Systems as area of specialisation or equivalent