Join a leading PR firm based in Cape Town as their Senior PR Account Manager within their consumer and corporate portfolio.
- Demonstrate real-time knowledge of all client activities, ensure status documents are updated, run client status meetings, and take ownership for initiatives
- Take responsibility for specific projects from start-to-finish
- Demonstrate advanced presentation and influencing skills
- Develop, alongside your AD/SAD, strategic and tactical client proposals, plans and calendars
- Demonstrate an ability to write effective content for your full client portfolio and display proficient editing skills; effectively brief the content team when specialist help is needed
- Drive journalist relationship-building initiatives within the team, across your full client portfolio
- Display an excellent knowledge of the South African media landscape (and an interest in the broader African media landscape), develop solid media relationships, and oversee the effective running of your team’s entire media relations process
- Write and pitch excellent quality, relevant story angles to targeted media, displaying creativity and an understanding of newsworthiness.
- Demonstrate strong research skills, and assimilation and presentation of information
- Participate in daily newsdesk/media meetings and ensure relevant news and angles are marked and shared with clients
- Ensure your team regularly updates media lists, informs the broader agency of media changes, compiles tailored media lists per client content piece, and ensures that master client media lists are kept updated
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a similar role
- Relevant qualification or degree in related field
- Knowledge of the PR landscape
- Strong media contacts and press release capabilities