Our client, an Investment Consultant Company, is looking for a Senior Portfolio Administrator to join their team in the Plattekloof, Cape Town, area.
This role will require the Senior Portfolio Administrator to perform all asset administration related functions required for the administration of collective investment scheme portfolios.
- Fund set-up, maintenance and record keeping.
- Set-up and maintenance of trading templates.
- Input and send authorised trade instructions on behalf of the Investment Manager.
- Managing and controlling all transactions processed between relevant parties namely, the IFA, LISP, Investment Administrator (Silica), Manco, Pricing Administrator (CURO), Custodian (FNB), Investment Manager & underlying Fund Manager.
- Monitor and check execution of trade instructions via the Pricing Administrator.
- Daily monitoring of portfolio positions provided by Pricing Administrator.
- Cash management from IFA to Investment Manager to underlying Fund Manager.
- Scrip management for new take–on or termination between IFA, Investment Manager, underlying Fund Manager & Custodian.
- Ensure static data is accurately maintained.
- Confirmation that portfolios conform to latest Investment Committee mandates and comply with all regulatory requirements.
- Perform compliance checks of Fund breaches and escalate where required.
- Support Investment team and act on Investment Committee instructions in a timely manner.
Daily monitoring of portfolio NAV prices, accuracy, and reasonability –
- Learn how to use and maintain the internal systems.
- Save down and check daily information are relevant to the internal systems data storage.
- Integrity check data provided by the underlying Fund Managers regarding underlying assets and the valuations provided.
- Monitor, check and report on Monthly, Quarterly, Bi-annual or Annual distribution & re-investments.
- Monthly reporting, completing MDDs and report packs to Investment Partners on each Fund.
- Responsible for the administration of day-to-day forex trades.
- Attention to detail.
- Problem Solving and critical thinking.
- Analytical ability.
- Client service orientated.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Planning and organising.
- Proficient in Word and Excel.
- Be a team player as well as able to work independently.
EDUCATION / QUALIFICATION:
A related tertiary qualification will be an advantage.
At least 3 to 5 years’ experience as a Senior Portfolio Administrator in the CIS industry.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Traits:
- Industry knowledge.
- Systems knowledge.
- Understanding Board Notice 90 of CISCA.
- Understanding of Reg. 28 of Pension Funds Act.
Skills, Abilities and Traits:
- Excel (advanced).
- CURO experience will be a plus.
- A go-getter who can run things very quickly!
- Verbal and written communication.
- Attention to detail.
- Numerical reasoning.
- Inductive reasoning.
- Decision making.
- Time management.
- Professional etiquette.
- Stress management.
- Integrity / accountability.
Market related remuneration on offer.
Area: Plattekloof, Cape Town.
To start as soon as possible.
Working hours: Mon – Fri: 08:00 – 17:00
Please apply online if you meet all the above-mentioned requirements.
Please assume that your application was unsuccessful If you have not been contacted within 4 weeks from the date of this advertisement.