Senior Java Developer
Monday, 08 March 2021
General Employment - Other General Employment
- Support existing and develop new functionality and components.
- Understand existing product and domain elements and work with business analysts to refine and implement new requirements.
- Refactor and improve the code to keep the product maintainable and adaptable to new requirements.
- Evaluate and improve application performance, security, and high availability features.
- Create unit and integrated system tests to show that the developed functionality works as intended.
- Create technical documentation that explains how the various components of the system work and how to use them.
- Do root cause analysis on bugs to find and fix the cause of a problem in an integrated system.
- Build and deploy the system on an application server.
- Create and execute functional test scenarios (dev testing).
- Relevant tertiary qualification in Information Technology or Computer/Engineering Sciences.
- 2-3 years relevant experience as a senior back-end developer in a multi-tiered Java application development.
- Integrating systems (Analyses, Design, Model, Develop, Test and Implementation) using Java.
- Java – General (Object-Oriented programming, RMI, multithreaded programming, etc)
- Very strong SQL skills
- A thorough understanding of SDLC processes, tools and techniques.