About the role
You will form part of our MyFarmWeb product team. MyFarmWeb is a web and mobile solution that is being used on more than 4 000 farms, covering over 1 million hectares. MyFarmWeb helps farmers correlate and integrate farm data in one place, ultimately empowering them to make better decisions. As a senior developer, you will develop and communicate the use of ‘best practice’ during product development and contribute towards the technical development of junior product developers. In doing so, you will be contributing towards improved food security on a large scale.
We are looking for an individual that is a great team player, problem-solver and quick learner. The ideal individual will be someone who is dependable and dedicated to their work and cares about making a difference in Africa. One of our main drivers at the company is the fact that we build solutions that have a positive impact on people’s lives and with this comes the responsibility of producing work that is of high quality. We strive to maintain a good balance of working hard and spending time together to build good relationships and celebrate individual and team achievements!
• 8+ years’ relevant coding experience.
• 5+ years' Java experience
• 8+ years’ experience working with SQL databases, ideally PostgreSQL
What to expect
• Passionate and dedicated team members - We work hard and support each other because we are passionate about what we do and the impact we are making.
Senior Java Developer (Agriculture Products)
• Growth opportunities - We have annual personal development discussions to craft out your journey ahead. We have 5 study leave days
for those that are pursuing a qualification or certification.
• Flexibility - 3 remote work days with core hours being 10:00 - 15:00. We are output, not input focused.
• An energising environment - We celebrate differences and value individuals. We enjoy celebrating successes, having coffee-walks, playing ping-pong and care about each other's personal lives.
• Income protection & death cover - We care about our staff and their family when unexpected events occur.
• Employee Wellness Programme - We are holistic beings and therefore we invest in the health and wellbeing of our staff
You have successfully created your alert.
You will receive an email when a new job matching your criteria is posted.
Your account has not been verified. Please use the verification link sent via email.Resend Verification Link