Our client is SA's leading supplier of affordable fashion accessories, stocking all the retail stores we know and love.
The ideal candidate will have FMCG experience, be used to working with SA's leading retailers and know their systems. A passion for fashion will be an added advantage.
We are looking to recruit an experienced FMCG Sales Representative who will be in a management role, overseeing a team of four members, within the retail sector.
Duties and Responsibilities
- You will be responsible for 2 sales reps and 6 merchandisers
- Ensure set targets are met / exceeded ethically and responsibly each month
- Ensure space allocation and location of this space is properly maintained & merchandised and have the necessary materials and tools on hand for merchandising.
- Ensure that space allocations are properly stocked at all times.
- Ensure product knowledge, including knowing the best sellers, slow sellers and item codes.
- Work closely with the sales and merchandising teams to ensure that space and sales are maximized in all stores.
- Maintain a high level of integrity, business ethics and sound judgment as you perform your duties.
- Be able to meet or exceed all goals, duties and responsibilities monthly.
- Perform physical tasks such as merchandising and traveling.
- Demonstrate efficient skills in performing job duties and requirements.
- Assist and learn from the National Sales & Merchandising manager.
- Contribute to cost saving initiatives
- Communicate overstocking and under stocking to management
- Illustrate the correct product mix and display in stores via photographs
- Ensure the best use of shelf space, shape and stock display
- Ensure there is little or no backup with minimum returns
- Ensure routes are followed with maximum productivity
- Ensure the top sellers are always available in store and well displayed, and increase exposure of these items as far as possible, especially by way of clip strips and other cross merchandising opportunities.
- Ensure feedback is given to head office regarding each store
- Photographs of each store visit must be taken before and afterwards and sent to Headoffice and reviewed on a daily basis and action taken accordingly.
- Call reports must be submitted daily
- Give feedback monthly regarding improvements that could be made to improve efficiency of the current merchandising kits in store
- Follow product plan-o-grams and display stock correctly in store
- Ensure merchandising kits are maintained well and used at every store
- Report customer complaints to the sales manager
- Meeting Sales Goals, Motivation for Sales,
- Territory Management,
- Presentation Skills,
- Performance Management,
- Building Relationships,
- Emphasizing Excellence,
- Results Driven,
- Sales Planning,
- Managing Profitability
Salary Package On Offer
- Basic Salary : R20 000
- Car Allowance : R3500
- Petrol Card
- Paid Cell Phone
Requirements and Qualifications
- Matric Qualification
- 2 or more years’ experience as a sales representative in the FMCG trade
- Experience with FMCG is essential
- Valid Driver’s License
- Own Vehicle
Monday to Thursday from 7:30 to 16:15.
The nature of your duties may require staff to work at times other than the normal stipulated hours of work.