Purpose of the Job:
The Company is currently undertaking their Digital Transformation. The Senior Developer will be part of a team that delivers world class applications and business solutions for an application with the best of breed of technologies at his/her disposal. The Company is proud to be publicly recognized as a largest private sector employer in South Africa and a leading retail brand in Africa. They focus on attracting, developing and retaining a loyal and committed workforce, dedicated to the Group’s culture and organizational objectives. The Senior Developer needs deep specialized knowledge to create, test and document high quality software to get a key success factor. The Senior Developer’s collaborative technical guidance and mentorship to others will ensure that high quality of code and performance is maintained, as well as contribute to design patterns, libraries, frameworks and processes. The Senior Developer will be part of a team that provides technical solutions to enterprise problems and deliver high performing software for a fast-paced consumer environment. The Senior Developer will apply DevSecOps principles, and employ proper source code control, infrastructure security and necessary automation. Work closely with Business Analysts and Solution Architects, as well as other cross functional teams and stakeholders in co-creating a sustainable experience.
- Code, Test and Debug Software:
- Ensure that coding mistakes are found and eliminated at the earliest possible point, by using the best available coding and debugging techniques, unit testing and TDD (where applicable), smoke testing and further testing, and interaction with QA professionals.
- Apply DevSecOps principles by automating as much of code standards checks, built-in security and testing as possible.
- Deploying application to live environment:
- Work in environments that may employ various approaches such as Scrum, Kanban, CI/CD, etc.
- Gain a deep understanding and ability to employ and assist with the best available deployment approaches.
- Research and Development:
- Keep improving your understanding of the ever-changing software industry.
- Customer Service:
- Do everything with a customer-first approach.
- 3 Years IT Degree/Diploma or Matric
- Extensive, relevant and demonstrable job-related experience in writing robust, efficient production code.
- Experience in general software development including testing and standards development with experience in backend, web and mobile technologies - (essential). Including the practical ability in developing applications using multiple programming languages, frameworks and technologies.
- Experience developing in at least one of Java, J2EE, C++, C, Golang, (Preferred) in a front-end focused test-driven environment.
- Experience with AWS, Stateless architecture design, Micro Services and the understanding of the strengths and weaknesses thereof.
- Any additional experience in technical solutions support with exposure to both waterfall and agile projects in DevOps with the Agile/Scrum Tool set, preferably Atlassian.
Knowledge and Skills:
Tech stack environment:
- Development: Go Lang, Java, Node.Js, Bash, React.js
- Containers: Docker, Kubernetes, ECS
- Data: MongoDB, ElasticSearch, SQL
- Cloud: AWS Cloud technologies (EC2, ECS, EKS, S3, CloudWatch)
- Integration: Payment gateway, POS
- CI/CD: Jenkins, AWS CodePipeline
- Testing: Selenium
- Source Code Management: Git
Kindly regard your application as unsuccessful if you have not heard from the agency within 2 weeks.